Cost To Tile A Floor?

buddhafly

Tiles come at all sorts of prices but generally start from about 120Bt/m2.

Depending on the style good quality such as Cotto are around 150-200Bt/m2

The grout if I remember rightly is about 30Bt/bag.

Good quality cement for tiling I cannot remember the price of - maybe 100-150Bt/sack

For a small room with 2 beds and wardrobe and bathroom I must have paid around 5-6k but materials I buy and pay for labour separate (incl. into that figure).

I have all the tools. Labour not A1 but pretty good.

Try to avoid Dynasty tiles or at least take a good look, had a bad experience with some bathroom tiles, surface was coloured and wore off making it look really awful (only in a period of 2 months) and had to rip up and do again.

Be realistic about what kind of a surface you need as some of those tiles give no grip and can be a death trap with wet feet.

We paid 55 baht per sq. metre for the labor of laying the tiles and putting in the grout.....a good job...straight and level...they were able to adjust what they were doing so that some of the small details were the way I wanted them although this was because my wife explained it to them in Thai as they don't do English. This was a bargain as at the time they were charging most people 65 or 70 baht per sq. metre....it was about 3 years ago so the price is probably up some now....maybe even as high as 100 baht per sq. metre for regular customers and 75 baht per sq. metre for friends. So, the labor for a 4 metre by 5 metre bedroom was 1,100 baht for us and about 1,500 baht for the regular customer at that time and if it has gone up to 100 baht per sq. metre then that would be 2,000 baht for the 4x5 bedroom now.

Chownah

We paid 55 baht per sq. metre for the labor of laying the tiles and putting in the grout.....a good job...straight and level...they were able to adjust what they were doing so that some of the small details were the way I wanted them although this was because my wife explained it to them in Thai as they don't do English. This was a bargain as at the time they were charging most people 65 or 70 baht per sq. metre....it was about 3 years ago so the price is probably up some now....maybe even as high as 100 baht per sq. metre for regular customers and 75 baht per sq. metre for friends. So, the labor for a 4 metre by 5 metre bedroom was 1,100 baht for us and about 1,500 baht for the regular customer at that time and if it has gone up to 100 baht per sq. metre then that would be 2,000 baht for the 4x5 bedroom now.

Chownah

well I just had a job started last week! fit the precast planks [3 m long x 8 off] and tile 12 sq mts, I suppy every thing but 3 bags cement and sand and gravell, 5500bt! Quote...............

after a weeks wait for a start then another day no start because day after the Big Hoiladay Goon say ''it will take 2 days'' ......

4 days latter I ask him not to come back! the morter looked like Render! too much sand! lines not square + +

he didnt mix the tiles up just pulled them out of the box 1 by 1, some were grey, some were beiage! we didnt know and he didnt care! we will do the rest ourselfs with more care and satifaction-but already paid Goon 2500bt + M150's + 400bt steel-mesh that he had to cut out as it was too hight! + 100bt for Thai wisky after work.......... not happy Jan! :o

i know there is a great variance in costs of materials, but what has it cost you to re tile a floor? just trying to get rough idea. any info helpful.

good grade tile and installation.

thanks

Bud sorry for my negative feedback! the price we were first told was 200bt a sq metre labour only. we supply all materials, but talking to Brother in law [building Engineer] price should be 150 > 180bt a metre, for a competent builder.

theres so much building happening in our area its hard to hind a decent tiler!

• 2 weeks later...
On the BOQ I recently received from my builder/architect it shows labour costs as 100 per m2 for tiling, the price goes up to 120 for very large tiles 60X60 cm. This is in Chiang Mai city. Joop

My architect was so out of touch with realistic prices that I had to fire his a** .

Typically in Pattaya 200 to 220 baht is OK for normal tiles but the larger 60 x 60 are any bodies guess, even then you can never get them laid right :o