Great Drives In Thailand

jonniebkk

1 minute ago, jvs said:

Yes Pilok is a nice drive I guess,i did it a few times,once by car and a few times on motorbike.

Too bad they are improving the road so much.

Did you drive down to Somsak mining?Easy to get in but hard to get out,i do not think the geust house is open any more but still very nice there.

I'll put the mine on my bucket list if I do retire to TH.  I liked Pilok because it reminded me so much of the campgrounds back home growing up, camping with the family.  First time I saw major camping activity in Thailand, and it also attracted an eclectic and very friendly crowd.  Not many foreigners that I saw.  At least not so many that stood out.  Not zero, but not a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, actonion said:

Even if you had the Scenery in Thailand  its no pleasure whatsoever going for a drive here with all the  suicide  type  Drivers  using the roads

Tripe. Cities can be a nightmare, but I would sooner drive in Thailand than take on the tailgating BMW chavs on the utter crap (usually one lane) roads in the UK today. One of the pleasures of life in Thailand for me is to do a road trip. The north is especially great. Getting busier of course as more and more get 'vehiculated' and Bangkok folk (and Chinese dreamers) spread about, but still fun esp on a bike. Roads wider and smoother than they've ever been, PTT stations everywhere (loaded with 7-11, Amazon coffee as they are, don't bother stopping at another), G Maps more reliable, stop off at this or that motel (don't need to book), no hassle from traffic cops, and easy to get off the beaten track and explore the stunning country.

• Agree 1