Theft

thaipete

I put my camera in for repair in a local shop here in Thailand (Sanyo) I stupidly left my memory card in it a 4 gig they took 2 months before telling me they could not repair it returned it to me without my memory card, does anyone know of an action on this

You don't have any evidence? No way to start any action. Think about you want to sue who? The Shop? The Shop Owner? A Employee of the Shop?

Again: NO Evidence! That's kind teaching money you've to pay! Learn from this for the next time!

Put it down to experience. I've had discs that disappeared while the hardware was supposed to be being fixed. When I called and challenged them, they all gave me an extremely polite "fuc_k you, kap". You see, only one of them is the thief, and rightly so, the other workers didn't appreciate my accusations.

I left a busted computer with a repair shop for a long time (in hopes of finding a rare used part). Before doing so, I removed items that I was afraid might get "borrowed". Once I left my car for some body work. Got it back with a lot of gas missing.

Maybe it's a 'storage charge". :o

If I go back there, I'll take careful note of the mileage and gas, and ask them politely to lock the car so no one can get to it overnight. :D

But thanks for mentioning this, thaipete. If I leave my camera for repair at any time in the future, I'll give them the original 32 meg card or ask them if they have one they can use. If not, I'll ask them to note the card on the receipt as proof that I left it with them.