When I see Paul McCartney Bill Gates Tom Cruise etc. reaping in so many millions for admittedly great talent, then I see my Thai neighbors slaving away for a pittance I tend to wonder where justice is.

Perhaps ask your Thai neighbours. Their answer would probably be more revealing than anything you'll read on here

In my view, the difference between the foreigners you mention and your Thai neighbours is probably down to:

- great talent as you mention

- really wanting to better themselves, and not just accepting fate

- people who have gone before them who have created a free society where anyone has a chance of making it

Don't forget there are many rich Thais too. Unlike the people above you mention who have great talent, these rich Thais aren't necessarily there on merit.

The larger question is really wealth distribution in Thailand. A better question would therefore be a comparison between rich Thais and your Thai neighbours, and ask if that is just.

The other side of the coin is what are they doing about it? What did Thais who went before them do about it? Most developed nations have had some sort of revolution, at some point in history, where the masses have got together to challenge the status quo. Thais as far as I know have never done that on any great scale, and just accept life as is.

When I see Paul McCartney Bill Gates Tom Cruise etc. reaping in so many millions for admittedly great talent, then I see my Thai neighbors slaving away for a pittance I tend to wonder where justice is.

What about the guys with millions in cash in the bank ,doing nothing and living nicely off the interest (paid for by some oppressed middle class clones with mortgages and car loans). Funny old world.

What about the guys with millions in cash in the bank ,doing nothing and living nicely off the interest (paid for by some oppressed middle class clones with mortgages and car loans). Funny old world.

You are not going to default on your mortgage and car loan, are you ?Need further cash for my go-go nights here :o

I never bought a McCartney CD or paid a cinema ticket for a Tom Cruise movie , so I have no guilt here.

Saved my money to buy bonds so I can enjoy the interest for Pattaya nightlife :o

You are not going to default on your mortgage and car loan, are you ?Need further cash for my go-go nights here :o

Never had either.

wow! what a surprise. lots of bitter people here.

Don't your know anything thing? Capitalism is evil. If some people are rich it can only be at the expense of the poor. Long live Chavez and Castro!

Edited by kdvsn

I never bought a McCartney CD or paid a cinema ticket for a Tom Cruise movie , so I have no guilt here.

Saved my money to buy bonds so I can enjoy the interest for Pattaya nightlife :o

big LOL I have actually spent millions much to bar owners and girls delight, most in LOS

Never had either.

lol, in other words you can't beat the interest rate for a loan, so you use cash? smart move donkey, someone will never make money in this world ...

in other words, next baseless presumption please ? "Never had either" can mean many different things Einstein.

I never bought a McCartney CD or paid a cinema ticket for a Tom Cruise movie...

And never enriched Bill Gates by buying or using Microsoft products? :D

You think there is a single original Microsoft software program in all Thailand ? :D (apart the first one used to make all the copies, that is... :o )

You think there is a single original Microsoft software program in all Thailand ? :D (apart the first one used to make all the copies, that is... :o )

most people use Microsoft Operating Systems and other products every day without even knowing it.

1 such example is the OS that runs ATM machines here :D

some of these guys worked for many years their asses off. and that in the jungle, bush and desert (14-16 hours a day, 7 days a week) to make the money on which they live comfortably now. not all have inherited or won the lotterie :o

welcome to the real world!

there is! :D

big LOL I have actually spent millions much to bar owners and girls delight, most in LOS

Equitable redistibution of resource wealth. :D

Something to do with hair style maybe!

And never enriched Bill Gates by buying or using Microsoft products? :o

Why? What have got against Bill Gates' success? Would you feel the same way if he was your father? Good luck to the guy I say.

Everyone is where they deserve to be. It's not like at the beginning of time some amoebas climbed out of the primordial ooze with trust funds, fixed accounts, and businesses. They had to be earned and built.

:o