Maxnet Couldn't Connect Port To Plesk

^_^

Hi,

I've finally settled for a VPS Web Host Package hosted on a server in Singapore.

The web host installed Plesk Control Panel which I may then log in to the CP to manage my Server & Domains from a remote computer.

The settings of the Plesk Control Panel requires a seperate port for connection to a remote computer and the port 8443 has been blocked by my Maxnet ISP. I've also had lots of problem doing FTP through Maxnet.

Calling Maxnet doesn't help...all they care about is that HTTP access is working...and other than that...it's not their problem.

Furthermore, I've already pre-paid three months' in advanced for my VPS web hosting as it's the web host's minimal requirements; and quite costly too but on a superb server.

So...what are my alternatives? Switch ISP? What other ISP is available for a TT&T Phone Line in Chiang Mai? But...would switching ISP solve the problem? Just to be sure.

Anyone here with similar experience pls advice.

Thanks.

Jet

I have this same problem. It was bad last week, but was workable by unchecking "passive mode for data connection" in the ftp client.

Today I was able to connect to my server only by waiting as long as 5 minutes .. even with "active" mode. Each subsequent directory I tried to open required about the same amount of time. One site, I could never connect at all .. although the site is definately up.

I was able to connect by SSH, but the connection timed out often and was very s-l-o-w.

Is there an option to get another / additional ISP on a TTT line .. or is switching to the "Premier" package the only option. If no other ISP's are available, I guess my sanity is worth guess my sanity is worth Bt 1000 - 2000. :o

Hi,

Thanks to all the replies above :o

The staff at Maxnet also suggested that I upgrade to the Premium Package (THB 1,900/mo.) and they said that should solve the problem.

Anyway, I'm scheduled for the upgrading at 11am today.

Once I've tried out the speed and connection of the upgraded Premium Package, I've post my review here. Hopefully by then I'm able to coennect to my Web Host CP through port 8443...or any other ports than the usuals.

Jet

Do you have to connect using port 8443? If you look for a free port below 1000 you should have no problem, thats how I P2P with Max Indy, I'm getting really good speed using 2048/512 connection. If not be sure to let us know how Premier works out (only a matter of time before the low ports start getting blocked also)

Hi solent01,

If only you had posted earlier...I would have given it a try :D

No...it doesn't have to be port 8443....it could be any port other than the standard ports.

Problem is...my Web Host wanted me to request for a definite port number so that they could change the connection port settings of my Plesk CP, but, when I called Maxnet Call-Center, they refused to provide me any ports info. saying it's confidential info. and that as long as all HTTP access is working fine, it's not their problem.

Furthermore, I don't think my Web Host is gonna entertain me by trying port after port by luck trying to find an open port for me if I can't provide them a definite connection port info.

Anyway, the Maxnet package upgrading was scheduled for 11am today, time came and went, but upgrading not done :D

I've just given them a call....and they said will call me back.

Let's see what next :o

:D

P.S. - my current Maxnet Indy speed is crawling almost to a halt!

sorry, only posted when I saw your post :D At the moment I am getting down speeds with UT on a good torrent round about 450 to 500 kB/s, with a low seeded T Im getting from between 40 to 50 kB/s, how ever my DSL is tripping, either maxnet are resetting, or I have reached net burst, I am not sure which, one thing is for sure though, I only use 3 figure ports that are not already owned, and my speed is great. When my DSL trips, I just reset the line via browser interface, close my P2P client, then open the client again, the port I am using at the moment is still open, but I don't know how long it will stay that way.

Edit

But if they close this port for my incoming then I have more ports to choose from, but over time I will have no choice but upgrade :o:D

Edited by solent01

Update:

Phew...! Finally got my Maxnet Indy package upgraded to Premier Package this morning at 9am; after many phone calls to Maxnet Call Center yesterday!!!

Anyway, after the upgrade, I'm able to connect to my Web Host Plesk CP right away. Tried out the FTP/SSH and it works smoothly too; though I don't see "ANY" significant speed increase in bandwidth, at least everything else is working smoothly.

It's like what 'melonf' said: "Seems like giving in to balckmail but it is an option"

But then, personally I see along the same line as what 'klikster' said: "...I guess my sanity is worth guess my sanity is worth Bt 1000 - 2000"

It's just a few hundred baht difference and you get to keep your blood pressure in it's normal level + your sanity :D

Next...I gotta go now...lots of work to be done!!!

Thanks everyone for the input :D

:o

:o Monty posted on another thread that the contention (International traffic) on Premium is 10:1 yet on Indy its 50:1, so your International speeds should be better, glad the ports are open on Premium, guess I have an option when all the ports are blocked on Indy