U.s. Visa For My Thai Girlfriend/wife...?

I have been living in Thailand with my Thai girlfriend for four years. We were married in a village ceremony, but not "legaly" at an embassy over a year ago. I own a Thai company, and a big house in Thailand (and a couple more in the U.S.), my girlfriend/wife is listed as a minor shareholder in my Co.. She has a college education, a good income from her personal (not a registered Co.) property manegement company in Thailand, and no desire to live anywhere but Thailand. I want to take her to California to meet my family (the ones who have not been to Thailand already), and to have her help while I sort out some business stuff for a few months. Can anyone tell us what we should and should NOT do when we go to the consulate office??? We really apreciate any help!!!

post-6106-1196749810_thumb.jpg

post-6106-1196749899_thumb.jpg

post-6106-1196750102_thumb.jpg

OK, I'll take a shot: I have no first-hand experience myself, but from all I have gathered, that for a 3-month B-2 tourist visa, her attitude should be that you do not exist as you are not legally married. She has to qualify based on her own merits... as if she were trying travel to the USA by herself just to visit her friends.

The best one page on the US State Department website to your questions: DENIALS.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/denials/denials_1361.html

Good luck... sounds as if she stands a good chance.

In 2000 my Thai girl friend and I were not married but we were living together. I took her to the US consulate and told the consulate that I wanted to take her to America for a visit. I said that I would be responsible for her support. We presened a round trip air ticket. She got the visa. We were married in America and she got a Green Card.

In 2000 my Thai girl friend and I were not married but we were living together. I took her to the US consulate and told the consulate that I wanted to take her to America for a visit. I said that I would be responsible for her support. We presened a round trip air ticket. She got the visa. We were married in America and she got a Green Card.

She suddenly change her mind on arrival in the U.S. about her "commitment" to return to Thailand, which was the the basis for the interviewing ConOff to issue her a Tourist Visa?

This is the kind of deal that, while not at all illegal in U.S. immigration law, makes it difficult for other guys to take their girl friends to the U.S., even with the full intent to return.

Mac

In 2000 my Thai girl friend and I were not married but we were living together. I took her to the US consulate and told the consulate that I wanted to take her to America for a visit. I said that I would be responsible for her support. We presented a round trip air ticket. She got the visa. We were married in America and she got a Green Card.