Road Bike Light Weight

Im after buying a light weight road bike in Pattaya. Any one know of a good bike shop and roughly how much I need to spend for a lightweight aloy body.

Ta

I have no idea where there's a bike shop in Pattaya, but any shop there should be able to get you whatever you want from ProBike in Bangkok. How much you need to spend depends on your definition of "lightweight" and whether you really want "aloy" (sic) or carbon fibre. You can spend anywhere from 30,000 Baht to 300,000 baht.

• 4 weeks later...
Im after buying a light weight road bike in Pattaya. Any one know of a good bike shop and roughly how much I need to spend for a lightweight aloy body.

Ta

Agree with Pro Bike in BKK. You should be able to get a good name brand, like, bike, like Trek, there Yeah, it will cost more than the one you buy at the superstores for 1,000 baht. But it won't fall apart after you have ridden it 5-6 times (i.e. the ones at Lotus, Big C...). Plan on spending in the vicinity of 30,000 baht, plus or minus 10k.

An example of the cheap bikes, last July, I bought a bike in one of the big stores in Surin for a niece that cost about 1,500 baht. I rode it in the store and it seemed not tight but adequate for what I wanted since i didn't think she would ride it much any way. We got home and gave it to her. She road down the lane and back and left it by the house that night. The next morning, she got on it to ride 500 meters to the Wat. Halfway there, the left side crank arm just falls off. We looked at it all the mounting screws were stripped bare, someone had jammed a nail into the hole and broke it off so the pedal would stay in. We brought it to a shop in Buri Ram to fix and they wanted to stick another nail (bigger, so it would be tighter) in the hole and break it off. They said, with a straight face, we should buy a new bike, because to replace the part it would cost the same as a new bike. Forget returning it to the superstore. At least we salvaged the tires/tubes/chain for use with other neighborhood bikes.