A Real Burger Bar In Bangkok

Desertexile

Has anyone ever been to this burger bar? It’s mainly in the States and the Middle East.

http://www.johnnyrockets.com/themenu/menu1.pdf

I rate the burgers, I like the happy days décor and find it a pretty chilled place to eat, read the paper and enjoy a proper burger, fries etc.

McDonalds, Burger King etc are vile, add to the fact that since watching fast food nation the thought that there’s ‘too much shit in the meat’ has put me well off this type of fast food. Thing is, would people pay twice the price in Thailand for a far superior product?

Anyways, do you think a place like this would work in BKK? Perhaps a franchise, perhaps copied?

Cheers Gents

where did all the replies go to?

Burgers in Thailand......?

Why buy when there is wall to wall hawkers selling decent food at a fraction of the cost.

Burgers are "enemy" foods.

Get fat, betta get a decent feed.

MIKES have tried, but to no avail.

The shop in Silom Rd was apalling baaaaaaad.

Maybe that's why it didn't fly - the shop was bad!

Regards not eating burgers as there is lots of thai food hawkers, yeh - I see where you are coming from but there are a lot of western restaurants in Bangers. I like kow man gai, though not every day.

Cheers for the feedback

I can't see how it would. With far superior (and cheaper) Thai food in abundance why would people want to eat this kind of food?

Maybe because it is too hot and spicy and often tastes like sh*te. :o

I don't believe there is such a thing as TOO hot and spicy.

Ulysses G.

Maybe because it is too hot and spicy and often tastes like sh*te. :o .

I will bow to your first hand tasting experience.

Neva tried sh_t myself.

As for hot and spicy..........

..........Yaaaaaaaaaaay, bring it on.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Zpete

The burger bar at soi Nana plaza seems to do a roaring trade......that's probably due to the hoardes of drunken farangs who'll eat anything they can get their hands on after copious amounts of beer :o

But they do taste good after an evening on the piss. :D

The burger bar at soi Nana plaza seems to do a roaring trade......that's probably due to the hoardes of drunken farangs who'll eat anything they can get their hands on after copious amounts of beer :o

Yeah Chavy, that was my thoughts exactly. The Mango Bar at Nana does a roaring business, late business mostly. I think if you have a good burger product to hawk, you would need an excellant farang location. ie: The Mango. I think also true with a really good breakfast menu; eggs, bacon, hash browns etc. and decent coffee. :D

Yeah Chavy, that was my thoughts exactly. The Mango Bar at Nana does a roaring business, late business mostly. I think if you have a good burger product to hawk, you would need an excellant farang location. ie: The Mango. I think also true with a really good breakfast menu; eggs, bacon, hash browns etc. and decent coffee. :D

MacDonalds will start serving their big breakfast on 15 Dec at select locations. I think 9Am to 11Am.

My life is now complete.

MacDonalds will start serving their big breakfast on 15 Dec at select locations. I think 9Am to 11Am.

My life is now complete.

9Am to 11Am, that useless, middle of day almost

My dorta Maccas manager, her shop starts brekky at 0600......

That is real brekky.

Eating at Maccas is soooooooo sad

Sorry for ya.

They say its a question of taste Zpete ,

now we shall think about its a good taste or not , wot ya think ?

I think we allready know ..............

Still tastes differ , they did not get rich for nothing those Donalds .

Good tasting food and good food is quite different.

Maccas is popularized by mass advertising which gullible people take onboard.

Sorry mate.

A late night burger oint in so4 would fly i reckon.

As would a kebab kiosk i reckon.

Dont need the full on sit down shop ,but a burger joint would work.

Only problem with overseas franchises is the thai staff seem to do something to ruin it...take subway for example the fillings like beef,cheese,etc are inedible.

Has anyone ever been to this burger bar? It’s mainly in the States and the Middle East.

http://www.johnnyrockets.com/themenu/menu1.pdf

I rate the burgers, I like the happy days décor and find it a pretty chilled place to eat, read the paper and enjoy a proper burger, fries etc.

McDonalds, Burger King etc are vile, add to the fact that since watching fast food nation the thought that there’s ‘too much shit in the meat’ has put me well off this type of fast food. Thing is, would people pay twice the price in Thailand for a far superior product?

Anyways, do you think a place like this would work in BKK? Perhaps a franchise, perhaps copied?

Cheers Gents

Thats why the first thing back from a country without Western food pretty much everyone goes rushing to a McDonalds first thing.

Being "gullible" is preferable to being utterly deluded! :o

Thats why the first thing back from a country without Western food pretty much everyone goes rushing to a McDonalds first thing.

Being "gullible" is preferable to being utterly deluded! :D

:o:D