Not That Much Yellow Today?

chanchao

I saw an item on BBC World with the usual horde of yellow & pink, yet in Chiang Mai I didn't see much yellow at all; not more than usual anyways and perhaps less: as it was a holiday there were fewer middle class government, bank & office workers about, the prime 'yellow wearers league'.

How was it in other parts of Thailand? (Specifically outside of Bangkok) ?

Yellow EVERYWHERE in BKK!! :o Have you guys seen the ceremony live on local chanels today? It's all amazing yellow.

According to Mrs E2B the Thai news was reporting the King saying that he was sick of yellow and had asked his subjects if they could please wear some other colour.

Yellow EVERYWHERE in BKK!! :o Have you guys seen the ceremony live on local chanels today? It's all amazing yellow.

According to Mrs E2B the Thai news was reporting the King saying that he was sick of yellow and had asked his subjects if they could please wear some other colour.

According to my missus. Pink is the new yellow. You can heer the collective banging of heads against walls from all the shop keepers with loads of yellow shirts.

Central Bangkok probably 95% yellow. Top of my soi in Ari probably only about 70% - 80% though - not as much as I was expecting...

VERY intersting - cause I live in same area (nearby) and noticed the same thing. I wore it on the 'Day' expecting 'everyone' else would do same - not so. I don't know why - and I don't read anything into it..Just a similar observation.