Harrow International School

sportingjim

Just one thing that may, or may not, be of concern to you...

One of their Head Teachers was hired with a KSR degree.... I know this for a fact.

The guy is a nice guy, and decent teacher, but, personally, I wasn't impressed with Harrow's quality control when it came to vetting their own teachers. If I was a parent, I would certainly wonder who else got through...

Ajarn, excuse my ignorance, but what is a KSR degree? Just curious thanks.

Khao San Rd, Degree...It's where one can find all kinds of fake documents like Student ID cards, Press Card, IDP, university degrees... The last one I saw a few years ago was looking pretty ratty, as it looked like a 50th generation copy...

Khao San Rd, Degree...It's where one can find all kinds of fake documents like Student ID cards, Press Card, IDP, university degrees... The last one I saw a few years ago was looking pretty ratty, as it looked like a 50th generation copy...

Thanks, I am familiar with Khaosan Road. If that is the case and they didn't check it out, that's pretty sad. They either don't care or are very desparate to hire.

Thanks, I am familiar with Khaosan Road. If that is the case and they didn't check it out, that's pretty sad. They either don't care or are very desparate to hire.

In the case of my friend, he's quite a handsome and charming man. I'm sure the interviewer was impressed :o

Plus, he is a good teacher, so Harrow still got a person who can do the job, and he won't be cheating any kids out of a good edeucation....

But, frankly, with the number of pedophiles targeting Thailand- and some recently caught were BKK teachers, I feel that any school that doesn't do even just a cursory check is asking for problems.

anyone on the forum sending their children to the Bangkok Harrow International School?

If so, would you mind posting feedback, both positive and negative about the school.

I am thinking of sending my twin children there.

Thanks so much.

Jim

Don't know anything about Harrow International Bangkok.However the mother school in England is the alma mater of the charming(not) and intelligent (not) Sir Mark "wild goose" Thatcher currently under arrest in South Africa on charges of financing an attempted coup in Equatorial Guinea.

• 3 years later...

I go to harrow international school bangkok and its a very good school i think it should become thailands new prem school! Everything is good there and the school is very clean and i could never ask for a better school as i have been to many of the other international schools about in thailand and harrow is the one i have stayed at from 1998. Alot of them get cheaked they are not like like that local school were you get any one to come and teach at the school all the teachers are godd teachers. i dont have anything bad to say about the school appart from i can not get away with any thing that i do bad 555 there is nothing wrong with harrow i dont think all you other people should judge unless you go there your self alot of the kids can be alot brighter than you

Edited by icebkk

I think the quality of Harrow International School is quite low, most of the students are Thai and it is not IMHO an "international" school. Look at the IGCE results and A level results which should be available and where their students go on to study after completing their education there.

It is certainly not in the same league as the public schools in the UK especially the one that it is named after. On the whole I have been more impressed with students from NIST the most.