Hotel In Laem Mae Phim

phutoie2

Any TV members know of a good hotel in Laem - Mae Phim, next place down from Ban Phe (Koh Samet ferry town), before I go on big search on the web.

Went there in April this year and may go for new year, nice beach, good cheap sea food, mainly for Thai's, quiet & not much night life which suits me & wife just fine.

Any TV members know of a good hotel in Laem - Mae Phim, next place down from Ban Phe (Koh Samet ferry town), before I go on big search on the web.

Went there in April this year and may go for new year, nice beach, good cheap sea food, mainly for Thai's, quiet & not much night life which suits me & wife just fine.

The Novotel about 10km west of Mae Phim is very nice - stayed there last month 3000bt per night including good breakfast.

Problem over, a friend has just given myself a leaflet of two resorts in Mae Phim area.

Resorts are:- 1. Laem Maepim Beach Resort

2. Lom Talay Chalet Resort

I have gone for the Laem Maepim resort at 1200 baht per night. Thats with breakie and over the new year.

These are mainly all Thai hotels, this area is well away from farang land, no problem for me.

My friend tells me that a Swiss chap has opened a bar on the seafront in town. Last time I went to Mae Phim, nil bar life, but lots of good eating places.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm also interested in recent hotel experiences in the Mae Phim area (especially not far from the "center", ie. where the restaurants are). Has anyone been to Mae Pim Resort (www.maepimresort.com)? We're traveling with a group and some insist there must be a pool at the hotel. Don't see any pool pics on the pages so that probably means the hotel doesn't have a pool?

Villa Bali is very nice boutique resort. On the beach and walking distance to the seafood restaurant row. Novotel is nice but a little isolated.

I stayed at Villa Bali last two nights of Songkran, cost 1400 baht per night, did not book, just randomly turned up. They now do reasonable western breakfasts included in the price, never did before.

Only one Thai breakfast dish on the menu which did not please wife too much, however there is plenty of food available across the road on the beach.

Mai Phim still a very nice beach and clean sea, however loads of litter/debris about from Songkran, but authorities were slowly cleaning the town up.

Villa Bali has a very good pool and I was the only guest using it during my visit, the place is usually quiet mid week in lowish season.

Did 2 nights at Mai Phim resort over new year, very handy for eating places in the centre of the strip, did not see a pool, very noisy as you would expect over the new year and the beach was packed, all the way up to Ban Phe. Will not do it again!

Like everything in Thailand prices are going up, you can still get good quality seafood but at a price now, still cheaper than the farang resorts. Kilo of tiger prawns now 700 baht, big bottle Leo 60 baht which is a good price, still 40 baht in my up country town!!- no sea breeze though and thats why we go 2 or 3 times a year to that area of Rayong.

Hi, I'm also interested in recent hotel experiences in the Mae Phim area (especially not far from the "center", ie. where the restaurants are). Has anyone been to Mae Pim Resort (www.maepimresort.com)? We're traveling with a group and some insist there must be a pool at the hotel. Don't see any pool pics on the pages so that probably means the hotel doesn't have a pool?

Correct- no pool at Mae Pim Resort.

We like to stay here - http://www.sinsiamresort.com.

Rooms are small / Thai style... 800 per night. The pool however, is awesome!

Did 2 nights at Mai Phim resort over new year, very handy for eating places in the centre of the strip, did not see a pool, very noisy as you would expect over the new year and the beach was packed, all the way up to Ban Phe. Will not do it again!

Yikes, we're heading there for christmas and new year.. But then again I guess new year is pretty noisy almost everywhere.

We'll see what happens, they don't seem to reply very eagerly from the hotels, so might be we're forced to stay at some more "touristy" place..

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

lomtalay chalet is ok - its the only resort actually on the beachfront. prices around 2000baht - i would go for the chalet over the bungalow as the rooms are better. however , a note of caution. check ahead there are no thai tour groups coming - if anything will ruin the tranquility there its these drunken morons

as for sinsiam, horrible place but strangely does have an olympic- sized pool!