Buying Used Car In Pattaya

grtaylor

A friend of mine who had a BAD motorcycle accident (multiple fractures - couldn't walk for around 10 weeks) has decided its time to buy a car. He doesn't go out of Pattaya much, so he's looking for something small and reliable to potter around town in.

What is he likely to get for around 200,000 baht, and can anyone recommend any particular dealers?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

A friend of mine who had a BAD motorcycle accident (multiple fractures - couldn't walk for around 10 weeks) has decided its time to buy a car. He doesn't go out of Pattaya much, so he's looking for something small and reliable to potter around town in.

What is he likely to get for around 200,000 baht, and can anyone recommend any particular dealers?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

something that is upwards of ten years old and maybe a heap of trouble :o

Check here: http://one2car.com/

Then on the right, select the following, then click the button below.

post-6796-1196934365_thumb.jpg

(Second encircled field sets the price as 1-200K. If you want to see a little above 200K then select the next one: 200-300K.

Should give him a good idea.

For example, small & reliable:

K060720116IMG_0252.JPG 168,000 baht.

I10071412IMG_0144.JPG 199,000 baht

H28076020IMG_9574.JPG 199,000 baht

Edited by chanchao

For 200.000 you won't be getting a lot. I have owned cars and pickups in that price range. my advice is before you part with any money check it and re check it, look for things that might be about to give problems, I have found that the Thais are so desperate to shift a car of that price from their stock that they will do just about anything you ask them to, including replacing tires, brake pads, steering joints ect ect.

But as I said make sure you do this before you part with your money. once you have paid and driven out their yard their after service on a car that price does not exist !

You can buy little Suzuki jeeps for around that price. I had one and loved it. I probably had more fun with that vehicle than I ever had with anything else. They will beat you to death on a trip but for buzzing around locally they are hard to beat. Under powered and rough riding but they keep the rain off you and they just keep going. With the four wheel drive, narrow body and light weight they will go places where a 4X4 pickup won't go.