Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills

sriracha john

saricha, how do u always always beat me to it.........?????

Sriracha please... and I scour the world for Thai news.... :D

i actually checked the posts here to see if someone else saw that news item or if it was in the thai news.. anon didnt see anything but he only checks sports and front page stuff anyway

the guy has a police record for drugs etc in beer sheba according to ma'ariv; so dont think he's soooooo inoccent... doesnt deserve death maybe but jail time, no prob... dont think that they really will kill him either... last time someone got the death sentence about 10 or so years ago, israel threatened to send home thai workers, or change the quotas (yeah like the farmers would really let that happen either) of thai workers... but btw, it was in the news but not soooooooooo much news so i really believe he did do what they say he did......

speculation all of it of course....

but i quote someone from his family in a newspaper interview: "... thailand is a barbarian country so we must fight this verdict.... " like the little mafiosa here arent?????????

and india has taken the front pages of all the news papers today..

buna

I don't feel bad now at all about my name being misspelled... :D :D

As always, thank you very much for your input with your uniquely local perspective. :o

Edited by sriracha john

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My impression is that this drug can be physically damaging if used over time."

IIIHhEeAad It cann Hurts one pretty babd but haave not seem it in mysllf yet No damAGe so far.

All kidding aside, yes their lives as they knew it are over, but GOD I feel for the boys. So stupid and they now know it. So sad, so sad.

Bringing the drugs from europe to US via Thailand , well give the guy a medal who had that idea.If he got caught in UK he would serve about 3 years !

Anyone who has any real clue about drugs,like the poster who worked in UK for rehab clinic,whould know that ectasy is not a hard drug.I remember in english press when public first started to know that thosands of kids were popping pills like sweets and dancing all night,back in late eighties early nineties,the papers said 'dance with death' and 'ectasy makes you go blind'.Scare tactics .

the UK scare tactic's, which do seem to have many of the rank and file TV posters subscribing to all that pathetic mis-info completly and really believiing it utterly failed

I was part of the movement that helped see to that

do you remember the Leah Betts propaganda? All total lies.....

This was the U.K remember

the country that actually did more for the world in so many ways than most others and not soviet russia- and yet although they knew that MDMA was about the safest 'drug" one can use ( deterimed by their own experts in secret papers they suppressed) they still invested millions in fooling its own people- they lied knowingly to their own subjects because it suit the government purpose- a very important lesson here

why not put money into drug education...somewhere useful and honest?

and yet, the sheep still say " follow all the laws' ' do what they say..." " drugs will kill you/ruin your life...' good sheep, sit, run, stay, when told- they love you...

this is why people must always question things/laws/policys and not be allowed to be sheep

sorry, sriracha... spelling even my own name wrong; it was after a very hard day and my english degenerates to heblish and thailish gibberish...

i also scour for thai oriented news but my eyes go off on me and i dont get a real paper (environmentally oriented children who dont let me get daily paper and waste of money anyway)

and whomever said poor boys; these guys arent boys, they are adults and were petty criminals here, its always the petty stupid criminals, the intelligent types dont get caught too easily.

bina

• 2 months later...
dont think he's soooooo inoccent... doesnt deserve death maybe but jail time, no prob... dont think that they really will kill him either... last time someone got the death sentence about 10 or so years ago, israel threatened to send home thai workers, or change the quotas (yeah like the farmers would really let that happen either) of thai workers...

While reading an unrelated story on Israelis arrested in South America, I came across this bit of an update on this topic as the closing paragraph....

----------------------------------------------------------------

A few months a Thai court sentenced two Israelis to death after they had been convicted of drug-trafficking. The men, 34-year-old Vladimir Akronik and 37-year-old Alon Mahluf, were detained in the vicinity of Bangkok's Kao San Road in possession of 23,000 ecstasy pills in December, 2007.

Thai media reported that the two arrived in Thailand from Europe and were detained after authorities received information about them from American officials.

- YnetNews / 2009-02-16

====================================

I hadn't noticed mention of the American connection earlier and there's still been no commutation of their death sentence, either.

Speaking of which, is it possible to add their sentence to the thread title, please?

Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills Given Death Sentences

Thank you. :o

btw, has there been any additional fall-out in Israel from this in the interim, such as you mention in your post? Or has it all fallen off the "attention radar" there by now?

Edited by sriracha john

I have been working in substance misuse as a professional for 15 years in the UK (first as a therapist and more recently as a commissioner of drug services in London and development manager for rehabilitation centres) and feel I would like to add a couple of thoughts about ecstacy.

First of all in the UK if you want to go to rehab there is funding available (not enough but thats another subject) or you can go privately if you have the funds. My experience is with government funding not private. In 15 years I have never seen or heard of anyone who got funded to go to residential rehab for ecstacy.

It is psychologically not physical addictive (though psychosymatic physical effects maybe felt) and stopping using is not too difficult with some short term counselling. However due to the criminalisation of drug manufacture and underlying mental health issues people do end up in trouble psychologically through ecstacy use. And people do die. Roughly 20 per year which is a quarter of those who die from peanut consumption. When you consider the vast numbers of people who use e this is very very small.

130,000 people die each year as a direct result of smoking and 30,000 from alcohol in the UK.

If you want E's you have to go out and get them, you have to make an effort. The myth of drugs being available everywhere is just that; a myth. You have to know the people generally. It is not that easy to just buy drugs (outside of a few drug markets in major cities). But people do make the effort and always will. Therefore people will always try to fill that market. Those 2 lads have just ruined their lives for a bit of money. But make the punishment fit the crime.

The poster who want to behead them with blunt swords need to have a look at their self. Its people like this who allowed facism to take hold. Actually wanting to torture and kill and being open about it!! Boy are you one sick puppy!!

I know drugs ruin lives, I have been working to help the victims, who have all been willing victims I would add. They may have been running from areas in their lives that are worse but I have yet to meet the person who didn't know that heroin or crack was a very good way to end up in trouble. But killing dealers doesn't work, nor does imprisoning them for 50 years. There is always someone willing to take the risk through poverty, greed or exploitation. And its only the small fry who get caught. Perhaps if the top guys were targeted a long sentence would be more appropriate but it would not stop it as the market will always want the product.

There is a very good argument for legalisation and control that would take forever to type. However Angry and sadistic of Tunbridge Wells would not have any fun thinking of tortures for the dealers then. Maybe we could start sharia law on people who drop litter.

Another point this addictive personality thing that people often drop into the debate. THERE IS NO PROOF!!!!

A very good reply. I totally agree with all that you say. You have my respect for all the good work that you are doing. The "Nutshell" NO DEMAND - NO SUPPLY.

I hope the Israelies get the death penalty.

"Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills Given Death Sentences"

Do you mean "I hope the actual sentence is carried out?"As the title states that they were given the death penalty.

I hope the Israelies get the death penalty.

"Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills Given Death Sentences"

Do you mean "I hope the actual sentence is carried out?"As the title states that they were given the death penalty.

Oh yeah I meant that.

Can you buy tickets to watch?...good money could be earnt this way, I know its a bit gruesome maybe, but could be shown pay-per-view as a very profitable side line.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, have they been convicted? I hope they are proved guilty before, being punished too badly.

I hope they become fifty guys girlfriends in the Bangkok Hilton let them burn and rot in the place. Death would be too lenient give em 50 years. Oh and I hope they aren't guilty until proven so and maybe the police can then sell those lovely small few amount to some young kids who will be so nockerd that they have unprotected sex and get aids. I feel so sorry for the Khao San Road types in this tough place where the US Dea and everybody under the sun has to get these big timers and spend a fortune so they can pull a scam get off and get some more kids some of their fine vitamins. easyiest way to prove their guilt is too see if they have a bad back then you know they are quilty from haulking around all the drugs and money. Burn baby burn

Hmm I thought Methamphetamines were addictive and that one component of X (mdma) was meth ....

MDMA is not Meth, however both are members of the Amphetamine family, which ranges from the ADHD prescription drug Adderall through to crystal meth (Methamphetamine)- there's more information from Dr Shulgin (who first synthesised MDMA) here - www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/mdmavmeth.htm

Of course as MDMA is illegal, it's manufactured clandestinely, and could contain anything from baking powder through to heroin.

As for the death mentioned far back in this topic (which was referring to a girl called Leah Betts) it was discovered that she died as a direct result of water intoxication - she drank too much water. It was of course the effects of MDMA that led her to drink so much water - maybe a case for better drug education.

Whatever your viewpoint on drugs, and your personal ranking of them and opinion on which if any should be legal/illegal - fact is getting involved with what Thai laws consider forbidden is extremely stupid, and can result in an early death.

Edited by danw

For the 'expert' claiming no addiction issues with X

Addictive Potential

For some people, MDMA can be addictive.2 A survey of young adult and adolescent MDMA users found that 43 percent of those who reported ecstasy use met the accepted diagnostic criteria for dependence, as evidenced by continued use despite knowledge of physical or psychological harm, withdrawal effects, and tolerance (or diminished response).3 These results are consistent with those of similar studies in other countries that also suggest a high rate of MDMA dependence among users.4 MDMA abstinence-associated withdrawal symptoms include fatigue, loss of appetite, depressed feelings, and trouble concentrating.2

http://www.nida.nih.gov/InfoFacts/ecstasy.html

can someone explain this

water intoxication - she drank too much water.

you can actually die drinking too much water? How much is too much?

If you drink more water than your kidneys can handle then it goes awfully wrong. You cannot just pee it out directly. There is no bypass valve in your body. Too much? Dunno. Look it up. I believe that your blood does adsorb quite a bit, but then it also goes to your brain, resulting severe swelling of your vessels in your brain. The fear is that with E that you will de-hydrate. Thereby overdoing it.

I must say that there are a lot of people here hungry for blood. Some might say that they are anti-semites.

Killing druggies, ridiculous. Where do you draw the line? I agree that messing with the tough drug laws in Thailand is quite stupid.

geez siracha, u are obsessive :o) ... no, obviously fallen off our radar, u know , the war got in the way of lots of stuff, then the elections, although we arent even sure who's in charge of the goverment here. and, then people forget.

the only thing i am obsessive about is that my school i was studying in for a medical secretary degree closed this past week with no notice whatsover the m...<deleted>... ba... ran off with money from all his students: he had four branches open around the country, dont know what happened but he eloped with the money so we are left high and dry. that was the big story for a day or so.

the s. american thingy made the news for two days... there's never 'recap on any news here... anyway i just use the net, have cancelled my subscription for newspaper anyway: kids just use it for sports and crosswords, as they are only home on weekends now.

how come folks think this stuff only happens in thailand?

bina

israel

while i haven't read the entire post

it is well known among law enforcement and also party people in the know - who r responsible for much of THE drugs in circulation - in particular - X.

there r well documented white papers on this.

mda (to those who grew up in the 70's and 80's) was the precursor to X

one dies of drinking too much water because their system just can not take the excess - the drugs trick u into thinking u r thirsty - overload.

Two Israelis arrested in Thailand for possession of 23,000 Ecstasy pills

Two Israelis were arrested Tuesday in Thailand after police found 23,000 Ecstasy pills in their possession, the foreign ministry said Friday. Israeli Consul Hanoch Amadi in Bangkok said he expected the two to be held for a long time for drug-dealing.

The two were arrested during a wide-scale police operation on Kwasan Street * Khao San Road * in Bangkok, where many Israeli tourists tend to congregate. Police also arrested a number of other Israelis at the same time, but some were released on bail and the others were released when it was clear they had no connection to the drug deal.

Amadi, who is in contact with the local authorities, told the foreign ministry that the two arrested are receiving legal aid. The foreign ministry updated the families of the two Israelis about their arrest.

- Haaretz (Israel)

===============================================================================

Two Israelis arrested with 23,000 Ecstasy pills

Two Israelis were arrested in Thailand on Friday after police caught them with 23,000 Ecstasy pills, Army Radio reported.

According to the report, the two Israelis are suspected of selling drugs in the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. They were arrested along with other Israelis in a large police raid in Bangkok. All of the other detainees were later released.

The arrests were made after police in Thailand received intelligence from sources in the US.

The Israeli embassy in Bangkok appointed a lawyer for the suspects, who are now awaiting trial.

- Jerusalem Post

===============================================================================

Thai police nab Israeli drug suspects after US DEA tip

BANGKOK -- Two Israeli nationals have been arrested on charges of trafficking more than 10,000 ''Ecstasy'' pills reportedly destined for the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, Thai authorities announced Thursday.

The Israelis, identified as Alan Macloff and Vladimir Acronik, were arrested by narcotics police in Khao San Road area of Bangkok after they had allegedly brought the drugs from a European country.

The police operated on a tip from the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), which had earlier sought the suspected Israeli drug traffickers.

- MCOT

Maybe I have missed it but where does it state that they have been given death sentence's ??

Edited by john b good

Maybe I have missed it but where does it state that they have been given death sentence's ??

Post #259

UPDATE... they've been sentenced to death...

- Jerusalem Post / 2008-11-26

which prompted a request for a thread title change from the original which was written prior to the implementation of the death sentence...

Speaking of which, is it possible to add their sentence to the thread title, please?

Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills Given Death Sentences

Thank you. :o

Edited by sriracha john

while i haven't read the entire post

it is well known among law enforcement and also party people in the know - who r responsible for much of THE drugs in circulation - in particular - X.

Who are these 'well known' people?

Well you've got to be stupid to do drugs in Thailand but you've got to be insane to sell them.

That said, it is my opinion that in the grander scheme of things Ecstasy really isn't that bad. I went to University in Manchester during the early 90's and that place was Ecstasy central. Any of you guys around there at the time? Hacienda, Home, Sanky Soaps, Paradise Factory, etc? Anyway, I dabbled in the odd E here and there and enjoyed it very much (eccept the sore jaw and foggy head the next morning). I don't feel the need/urge to do so now but then again... I'd never say never (unless I was in Thailand of course!).

• 3 months later...

Ecstasy is pretty popular in USA. Im 27 and I cant think of one person around my age that I know who hasnt tried it at least once (in USA). I'd estimate at least 30-40% of american teens have tried it. Its one of the easier drugs to find in USA. These guys must be the successors of the infamous Jacob Orgad.

Edited by ConfusedFarang

I have been working in substance misuse as a professional for 15 years in the UK (first as a therapist and more recently as a commissioner of drug services in London and development manager for rehabilitation centres) and feel I would like to add a couple of thoughts about ecstacy.

First of all in the UK if you want to go to rehab there is funding available (not enough but thats another subject) or you can go privately if you have the funds. My experience is with government funding not private. In 15 years I have never seen or heard of anyone who got funded to go to residential rehab for ecstacy.

It is psychologically not physical addictive (though psychosymatic physical effects maybe felt) and stopping using is not too difficult with some short term counselling. However due to the criminalisation of drug manufacture and underlying mental health issues people do end up in trouble psychologically through ecstacy use. And people do die. Roughly 20 per year which is a quarter of those who die from peanut consumption. When you consider the vast numbers of people who use e this is very very small.

130,000 people die each year as a direct result of smoking and 30,000 from alcohol in the UK.

If you want E's you have to go out and get them, you have to make an effort. The myth of drugs being available everywhere is just that; a myth. You have to know the people generally. It is not that easy to just buy drugs (outside of a few drug markets in major cities). But people do make the effort and always will. Therefore people will always try to fill that market. Those 2 lads have just ruined their lives for a bit of money. But make the punishment fit the crime.

The poster who want to behead them with blunt swords need to have a look at their self. Its people like this who allowed facism to take hold. Actually wanting to torture and kill and being open about it!! Boy are you one sick puppy!!

I know drugs ruin lives, I have been working to help the victims, who have all been willing victims I would add. They may have been running from areas in their lives that are worse but I have yet to meet the person who didn't know that heroin or crack was a very good way to end up in trouble. But killing dealers doesn't work, nor does imprisoning them for 50 years. There is always someone willing to take the risk through poverty, greed or exploitation. And its only the small fry who get caught. Perhaps if the top guys were targeted a long sentence would be more appropriate but it would not stop it as the market will always want the product.

There is a very good argument for legalisation and control that would take forever to type. However Angry and sadistic of Tunbridge Wells would not have any fun thinking of tortures for the dealers then. Maybe we could start sharia law on people who drop litter.

Another point this addictive personality thing that people often drop into the debate. THERE IS NO PROOF!!!!

Yep...good one. Nice balance reply.