Land In Rayong

Does anyone know any good websites for land/houses down in Rayong. Would love to buy a weekender somewhere near BKK, or buy some land on which we could build something. Thought Rayong may be a place to look.

I know basically nothing when it comes to the area, but you have to start somewhere!! Any tips much appriciated.

cheers

Samran

I know of some plots for about 5000 baht /TW in Pahla Beach,,,,,,,,,,,each plot is almost 1 Rai,,,,,,,,,I am buying one now. They have about 12 left, near the beach and only 40 minutes to Pattaya,,,,,,just east of Utapao area south of Eastern Star golf course

Just kind of listining in on this post. Rayong is of interest to me and I visited there about 1 month ago where is pahala beach and 5000 baht a rai maybe 50,000 or 500,000 help me here. I will look at a map any additional info you can provide would be helpfull for me and the original post.

I know of some plots for about 5000 baht /TW in Pahla Beach,,,,,,,,,,,each plot is almost 1 Rai,,,,,,,,,I am buying one now. They have about 12 left, near the beach and only 40 minutes to Pattaya,,,,,,just east of Utapao area south of Eastern Star golf course

Just kind of listining in on this post. Rayong is of interest to me and I visited there about 1 month ago where is pahala beach and 5000 baht a rai maybe 50,000 or 500,000 help me here. I will look at a map any additional info you can provide would be helpfull for me and the original post.

I believe the poster wrote "5000/talang wah" -not- 5000/rai.

it takes 400 talang wah to equa 1 rai, the final purchase price would be 2000000 baht/rai.

Since you're from Idaho, the equivalent of 1 rai would be about .3954/acre in the us system.

Ahhh yes. thanks for your post and time in the conversion

I believe the poster wrote "5000/talang wah" -not- 5000/rai.

it takes 400 talang wah to equa 1 rai, the final purchase price would be 2000000 baht/rai.

Since you're from Idaho, the equivalent of 1 rai would be about .3954/acre in the us system.

Samran,

I'm not familiar with the exact plot of land mentioned by Longball, but we have a house a few miles further east near Phayoon Beach on the estate of this company - www.payoongreenville.com. If you go and have a look round the area drop in and they'll be happy to show you round. We were looking at buying land in the area but when we saw what they were offering we signed up with them, and have never had cause to regret it.

I like the area. It is an easy run up to Pattaya, and Rayong is also pretty good for shopping, only 20 klicks in the other direction. You can get nearly everything you want in Banchang, if you don't want to go any further, and there are a few western-style bars in the town. Phayoon Beach is a bit scruffy, but Phala Beach is very pleasant. There isn't that much air traffic in and out of U Tapao, but I wouldn't want to be any closer to it than we are. When we finally get settled there full-time, I would like to investigate keeping a small boat at Sattahip to potter round the bay and the islands there.

Samran,

I'm not familiar with the exact plot of land mentioned by Longball, but we have a house a few miles further east near Phayoon Beach on the estate of this company - www.payoongreenville.com. If you go and have a look round the area drop in and they'll be happy to show you round. We were looking at buying land in the area but when we saw what they were offering we signed up with them, and have never had cause to regret it.

I like the area. It is an easy run up to Pattaya, and Rayong is also pretty good for shopping, only 20 klicks in the other direction. You can get nearly everything you want in Banchang, if you don't want to go any further, and there are a few western-style bars in the town. Phayoon Beach is a bit scruffy, but Phala Beach is very pleasant. There isn't that much air traffic in and out of U Tapao, but I wouldn't want to be any closer to it than we are. When we finally get settled there full-time, I would like to investigate keeping a small boat at Sattahip to potter round the bay and the islands there.

Hey Samran,,,,,,,,,sounds like we may be neighbors soon,,,,,,,,,I tried your link to greenville but no luck. I agree about Phyun being scruffy,,,,,,,,,Phala seems a bit better.

If you know of a house to rent,,,,,,,,furnished Euro/Western style I am looking as I will move to the area in March/April 08' Close to the land plot and then I can supervise the building when it happens.

I caught something about Wis/Mi.,,,,,,,,,,thats my old stomping grounds years ago,,,,,,,,,

For those interested I atach a few maps of the area and how to find the village being developed that I bought in to. I can provide contact numbers if anyone needs.

post-20917-1197249081_thumb.jpg

post-20917-1197249177_thumb.jpg

post-20917-1197249219_thumb.png

post-20917-1197249539_thumb.png

post-20917-1197249704_thumb.jpg

PK

Samran,

Hey Samran,,,,,,,,,sounds like we may be neighbors soon,,,,,,,,,I tried your link to greenville but no luck. I agree about Phyun being scruffy,,,,,,,,,Phala seems a bit better.

If you know of a house to rent,,,,,,,,furnished Euro/Western style I am looking as I will move to the area in March/April 08' Close to the land plot and then I can supervise the building when it happens.

Longball, I think you were replying to me, not Samran. Sorry, I screwed up the website address with a buckshee 'e'. Try this:- www.payoongreenvill.com

I believe there may be some houses to rent on the estate, though whether furnished or not I don't know. I'll send you the manager's email address if you need it. He is a very professional and straight-dealing young chap, and keen on golf, as I guess you are.

We hope to be out there again in March/April next year, probably around Songkran.

Good luck

Why would Rayong be a place you would want a second home in Thailand? I only say this because it is one of the most polluted places in Thailand, due to all the industrial estates and petro-chemical industries in the area. Land and ground-water contamination is likely in many areas. Also, who knows what all the Thai and US naval and airforces have left scattered around the area from their use of the Sattahip and U-tapao military bases. There are regular stories in the Thai press about residents in one place or another in and around Rayong province having higher than normal rates of many types of cancer and other diseases likely caused by all the emissions from these plants. Also, these pollutants case the visibility to be affected also...we get it up here as far as Pattaya for months at a time. A yellowish-brown haze that hangs in the area for months at a time from Rayong.

If you are in Bangkok, why not consider Hua-Hin or Cha-Am as alternatives. The area is much less industrialized so cleaner and also a beach area.

I find the air a lot cleaner and fresher in the Phala/Ban Chang area then in Pattaya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I see no effects from the Rayong industries as the prevailing winds don't come from that direction.

As for industry in general there really is none in Bang Chang to speak of,,,,,,,,,,,15 k or so east yes,,,,,,,,,,but no direct impact on Phala,,,,,,,,,very quiet and laid back.

Certainly cleaner and more peaceful than any part of BKK,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by longball53098