Humous In Phuket

Shaitan87

Hi this is my first post, so pls go easy on me :o

I live in Chalong and I have been desperate for some good Humous, I have had it several times at restaurents and it was always dissapointing. I also bought some from the market in Central festival, and it was pretty bad. Ideally I would like to purchase some Tahini (which I ahven't been able to find) and make my own. I have found all the other ingredients, just can't find Tahini, which is strange because I have heard it's an ingredient in several Chinese receipes.

Thanx for your help!

Tahini is a basic, should be available in BIG C or TESCO LOTUS.

I woulda thoght CENTRAL woulda bin most likely to have it.

Pity I not due back till March, next trip, coulda brought ya some from NZ .

I usually spend a cupla weeks of a 2 month Thai holiday in Chalong.

NO problem getting it thru customs.

Please note that my wife makes a mean hummas, and she has scowered the island for Tahini.

THE ONLY PLACE SHE HAS BEEN ABLE TO FIND TAHINI IS THE PATONG DELI. (not at Central or Big C)

She says it's located in the cold section of the deli.

Good luck with your hummas making :D:o

Edited by ozymandious

Hi this is my first post, so pls go easy on me :o

I live in Chalong and I have been desperate for some good Humous, I have had it several times at restaurents and it was always dissapointing. I also bought some from the market in Central festival, and it was pretty bad. Ideally I would like to purchase some Tahini (which I ahven't been able to find) and make my own. I have found all the other ingredients, just can't find Tahini, which is strange because I have heard it's an ingredient in several Chinese receipes.

Thanx for your help!

WOOHOO!! Here's one I can help with! (I usually have more questions than answers.)

Tahini can be purchased at the Tops Market in Central Festival....and you can get it in white or black, both have only 100% sesame as the ingredient.

CHEERS!

D

WOOHOO!! Here's one I can help with! (I usually have more questions than answers.)

Tahini can be purchased at the Tops Market in Central Festival....and you can get it in white or black, both have only 100% sesame as the ingredient.

CHEERS!

D

What isle, next to what is it located I'll tell my wife and save her a drive to patong :o

Hi this is my first post, so pls go easy on me :D

Thanx for your help!

Deli in Patong has Humus in pasteurized jars from EUROGOURMET, Bangkok

excellent quality, made of self made Tahini

they make Babaganoush as well (not at Deli)

Seppl :o

• 3 weeks later...