Denied 3rd Tourist Visa In Penang

I have decided to go to Singapore for a few days and try to get a new TV there. I've heard from friends that it's a bit easier to get them there. Also Tiger Airways now fly direct from Krabi for about 2000 Baht one way in 1hr 40 mins. No more arse-numbing 12 hr journeys in a matchbox on wheels for me I'm afraid!!

I'll be going on the 6th Jan until the 11th, so I'll post back with my experience when, or IF, I return!

On a land crossing Malaysia will be looking for an exit stamp in my experience.

I can second that. Once went overland with a Thai bird.They sent her back at Malaysia Immigration cause she didn't have an exit stamp from her own country. Had to return to Thailand Immigration first...

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the logic behind these refusals is? Just applying for too many TVs in a row?

This worries me because I've been in Thailand on tourist visas for over a year - first three 60-day visas (from KL), then a double entry from my home country and now I'm again on a 60-day which I just got from KL. It's never even occurred to me that they might refuse my application after so many... it would be a right pain to not get a visa since my BF works here, we have two dogs, own a motorbike, plan to buy a new car, plus I'm pregnant! We are thinking of trying for a non-b and work permit for me next but I'm not sure about that yet. Can't get the O dependent visa because we're not married.

So I wonder if I should be worried if I go again for a 60-day?...

Has anyone who received the infamous red stamp at Penang managed to make a new tourist visa anywhere else ?

Also has anyone been on a Visa Run sfter receiving the red stamp ?

A guy on another thread just reported about someone getting a tourist visa in Vientiane with the "red stamp" from Penang.

There have been other reports about this too over the last 3 months.

Has anyone who received the infamous red stamp at Penang managed to make a new tourist visa anywhere else ?

A guy on another thread just reported about someone getting a tourist visa in Vientiane with the "red stamp" from Penang.

Tropo.. may I ask which thread can I look for to read about getting TV in Vientiane with the "red stamp" from Penang. May I also ask what is your opinion about it? whether it is a matter of luck or money..or something else.. I would appreciate your reply , Thanks..

Tropo.. may I ask which thread can I look for to read about getting TV in Vientiane with the "red stamp" from Penang. May I also ask what is your opinion about it? whether it is a matter of luck or money..or something else.. I would appreciate your reply , Thanks..

There was a very recent report about someone getting a visa in Vientiane with a "red stamp" from Penang. I even replied to that poster stating that this was good news. I've searched and searched, even searched all my own posts but I cannot find it. I have a uneasy feeling that the post has been removed along with my reply.

Anyway, I'll be heading there on 23 January with my GF who has the "red stamp". I'll report back here.

Edited by tropo

If you are talking about the below I searched your posts and found it on page 2 without much trouble.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...amp;pid=1754204

Yes, that's the one. Thank you!

Appreciate your help 'lopburi3'..

The best of luck to you and your GF 'Tropo'.

In my situation, it's my BF. He's got warning remark on the TV page plus (funny enough) a written 'final' at the bottom, 'upset' kind of set in and the relationship is hurt (actually we conditioned ourself to hurt or be hurt ..nevermind that..)

I am looking forward to learn of your report concerning your journey..

Thanks a lot.

Edited by hazeli

If you are talking about the below I searched your posts and found it on page 2 without much trouble.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...amp;pid=1754204

Yes, that's the one. Thank you!

Appreciate your help 'lopburi3'..

The best of luck to you and your GF 'Tropo'.

In my situation, it's my BF. He's got warning remark on the TV page plus (funny enough) a written 'final' at the bottom, 'upset' kind of set in and the relationship is hurt (actually we conditioned ourself to hurt or be hurt ..nevermind that..)

I am looking forward to learn of your report concerning your journey..

Thanks a lot.

No problem. I'll let you know how we go.

That "final" remark has got me puzzled. Have they written "final" on the TV sticker, or under it?

So now they are black listing?

Is there any evidence of a black list?

There is no need.

A string of back to back visas is the tell tale sign.

The Thai immigration in Penang seems to change the rules................

There is no Thai Immigration in Penang, only a consulate. :D

At the airport you will find Malaysian Immigration. :o

Does anyone know what the logic behind these refusals is? Just applying for too many TVs in a row?

This worries me because I've been in Thailand on tourist visas for over a year - first three 60-day visas (from KL), then a double entry from my home country and now I'm again on a 60-day which I just got from KL. It's never even occurred to me that they might refuse my application after so many... it would be a right pain to not get a visa since my BF works here, we have two dogs, own a motorbike, plan to buy a new car, plus I'm pregnant! We are thinking of trying for a non-b and work permit for me next but I'm not sure about that yet. Can't get the O dependent visa because we're not married.

So I wonder if I should be worried if I go again for a 60-day?...

You don't need to be married to get a non - O, or retired....

What nationality are you?

So now they are black listing?

Is there any evidence of a black list?

There is no need.

A string of back to back visas is the tell tale sign.

The Thai immigration in Penang seems to change the rules................

There is no Thai Immigration in Penang, only a consulate.

At the airport you will find Malaysian Immigration.

You are such a clever little rascal... :o

Edited by Matt the Cat

No problem. I'll let you know how we go.

That "final" remark has got me puzzled. Have they written "final" on the TV sticker, or under it?

Indeed..kind of weird, isn't it?.. The warning remark said 'maybe not next time' BUT on the TV sticker the 'final' was written just above the vice consul signature...??

Anyhow toward the end of this month he will have to go out (it will be the 3rd visa run-the last one probably).

Well, I just hope you've got a warm welcome in Laos..

Thanks Tropo.