Visa Update

Apple got a call from Leena, her case officer today.....she rang me as soon as she had spoken to them.........

GOT IT !!!!! :o:D:D

Thanks to the everyone who offered support, interest and encouragement Sezzo, MM, Aussietraveller, Jockstar, Fishhooks, Chris, etc....

Edited by gburns57au

Senior Migration Officer, Damien Kilner; was the main man in Bangkok not Rob Chambers!

Ahhhh but then again I am too late. You got it. You will be busy organising flights.

And big changes at home, but I believe these will be good. :o

She just has to book the flights....

I have to convince her to use the frequent flyer points she has for one ticket.....but I aint worried if she doesnt.....she will lose some of them at the end of the year....

No major changes at home....just gotta set the young bloke up in his room.

You deserve every happiness that life has to bring, the pressure will be off. Kick Back.

We have just sent another lot of info to our case worker here in Oz. Hopefully good news in the new year.

We also sent a Christmas card to the case worker, a bit corny but I just thought it might have endeared us more. I don't think we should have a problem from here.

Congratulations on the visa success and congratulations on choosing a Thai wife.

It's good to see the Thai community becoming larger in Australia. You have just added another two to the overall total.

I trust that you have set aside a section of your garden for growing chillis, lemon grass, Thai basil etc. etc. Be prepared to move out of the house whilst she cooks certain dishes...the smell of chillis being roasted under the griller will almost choke you. Finding small size adult fashion clothing in Australian shops is also a challenge. Buying a simple pair of jeans that fit her is not easy.

The positives however, far outweigh the negatives and your life will now be a lot happier.

Good luck to all of you.

Congratulations on the visa success and congratulations on choosing a Thai wife.

It's good to see the Thai community becoming larger in Australia. You have just added another two to the overall total.

I trust that you have set aside a section of your garden for growing chillis, lemon grass, Thai basil etc. etc. Be prepared to move out of the house whilst she cooks certain dishes...the smell of chillis being roasted under the griller will almost choke you. Finding small size adult fashion clothing in Australian shops is also a challenge. Buying a simple pair of jeans that fit her is not easy.

The positives however, far outweigh the negatives and your life will now be a lot happier.

Good luck to all of you.

Thanks guys...

MM....the chilli plants will go in soon...and probably a few others as well...She doesnt do a lot of roast chilli...

She shops at a lot of secondhand places, she is a real fossicker not a brand name person at all...but she wouldnt have too much trouble buying jeans etc... she also has a wardrobe and half jampacked full of clothes here already. :o

She is short but about the same size as most small aussie women.

MM....the chilli plants will go in soon...and probably a few others as well.

Not just any old chilli plant either. I made that mistake. The plants that I started growing produced only a mild heat chilli. She likes super hot.

In Sydney, we went to the Royal Botanical Gardens where they have a large herb garden. All sorts of various herbs. She was in heaven as she walked through admiring, smelling, touching all those things that go to make good Thai food.

Some small cuttings and a few different varieties of chillies somehow found their way into my pocket and her handbag. Amazing how that happened. :o

These 'samples' were planted and we now have our own small Botanical Garden growing quite well at our place.

Thai friends in Sydney gave her some chilli plants and other essential herbs that she panders over every day. She can spend hours in the garden de-bugging and loving her plants. They get more attention than what I get. :D

She recently bought some dried chillies from her local Chinese store and was surprised at how hot they were. I am now trying to grow some plants from the seeds.

So, get rid of your Christmas bush, move those roses out of the way and make space for her private garden. Your taste buds are about to come alive. :D

Graham,

We just got letter today from Syd Immig. 5 year visa approved. Original letter came in September from immig, response went Nov, request for more information was sent back to immig about 2 weeks ago.

I suggested to my wife to put Christmas card with second lot of information. Wife said today case worker not send Christmas card back, I said no, but she sent you present.

Regards

Chris

Graham,

We just got letter today from Syd Immig. 5 year visa approved. Original letter came in September from immig, response went Nov, request for more information was sent back to immig about 2 weeks ago.

I suggested to my wife to put Christmas card with second lot of information. Wife said today case worker not send Christmas card back, I said no, but she sent you present.

Regards

Chris

Well done.....

Wasnt a subtle bribe was it ??? :o

Unless she had done something really bad it is more than likely the PR would be issued...I am a couple of years away from that.

• 2 weeks later...

Belated congratulations Graham and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Well deserved considering the time you've put in to helping everybody you possibly can and as quickly as you can even when they've required urgent information.

I myself just returned from LOS on chrissy day having completed the remainder of our spouse visa application. I read a forum contribution by yourself and others that noted the updated 40sp and 47sp forms so I let my wife know. That saved us a lot of time since she handed the application in today, so thanks again!

Best wishes for your family's move into Australian life.

Belated congratulations Graham and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Well deserved considering the time you've put in to helping everybody you possibly can and as quickly as you can even when they've required urgent information.

I myself just returned from LOS on chrissy day having completed the remainder of our spouse visa application. I read a forum contribution by yourself and others that noted the updated 40sp and 47sp forms so I let my wife know. That saved us a lot of time since she handed the application in today, so thanks again!

Best wishes for your family's move into Australian life.

Thanks mate and good luck with yours..... :o

Burnsey

There is a Thai shop in Freo that has all sorts of clothes and things your lady will feel comfortable with.

Believe me it is a Thai shop, totally disorganised, lovely people, she will feel at home, they have videos of all sorts of soapies, a variety of food, chilli and other plants as well as clothes. It is on High St, opposite Victoria Theatre. The news agency/post office franchise 2 doors up is run by a Thai lady from BKK, I used to get her to check the addresses on anything I sent to LOS.

Congrats

CP

Burnsey

There is a Thai shop in Freo that has all sorts of clothes and things your lady will feel comfortable with.

Believe me it is a Thai shop, totally disorganised, lovely people, she will feel at home, they have videos of all sorts of soapies, a variety of food, chilli and other plants as well as clothes. It is on High St, opposite Victoria Theatre. The news agency/post office franchise 2 doors up is run by a Thai lady from BKK, I used to get her to check the addresses on anything I sent to LOS.

Congrats

CP

Thanks CP

She has been here four times now, she has a circle of friends and fav shops, She actually likes Freo and leans towards the Dockers :o First time she was here we got her a membership at a Thai video shop in the city but she watches more TV than videos now. I am about to start the chilli plants off out the back.

BTW all....she is coming here on a temp spouse visa on the 7th Feb....

Graham