Cheap Flights To The Uk For Christmas?

Ruperts

BA are doing one way to heathrow for 315GBP on the 24th, and a fiver short of two ton for the big day itself. Apparently there's no public transport at home on the 25th though so i shall have to go on the 24th.

Thai Airways (or Thai Air, whatever it may be called) is a lot more expensive at something like 30000baht.

Are there any other airlines i might try? What about travel agenicies, can they get you a better deal than the internet?

Do you think i could just turn up at BKK on the 23rd or 24th and hop on a cheap flight, what are the logistics of a plan like this?

The cheapest option to get you back to the UK before December 25th if you did not mind flying direct from Bangkok would be the following :

Dec 23rd Bangkok to Macau on 'Air Asia' (Currently Bht 2989 with all taxes paid)

Ferry to Hong Kong (Approx HK$160 / Bht 660 )

'Oasis Airlines' Hong Kong to London Gatwick, Dec 24th Dep 00:50 Arr (24th) 06:20

Current price GBP160 / Bht 11,000 with all taxes paid.

Total Price approx GBP 213 / Bht 14,700

Both tickets can easily be booked through the airlines webpage by credit card.

easternspark, thanks for the info, it looks like a sterling plan.

Are there any issues i need to consider regarding visas for Macau? I know I don't need one for Hong Kong but do for China, so i'm assuming Macau is the same as Hong Kong?

And about the ferry, is it an easy job getting from airport to ferry to airport?

And thanks also Mr Jangles, I've just had a look - Etihad are only doing flights with extreme stop-overs, and Qatar weighs in at 20000baht with one short stop-over. Not bad but not brilliant. I don't like the emirates website, i can't see how to select one-way so i gave up.

No visa requirements for British citizens travelling to Macau.

From the airport a taxi to the ferry terminal takes about 10 minutes and costs about HK$50

Ferries depart to Hong Kong regulary throughout the day and take an hour. You can choose to go to HK or Kowloon side.

Air Asia and Oasis both have very easy booking systems, but the prices i said were when i checked today and will go up in price closer to the time of travel.

Hope this helps.