Comming In To Tailand.......being Smart?

tonimike

hi

on the way to thailand in october (from Sweden), will probably stay for years........there are a few things I really need to do or get; now or in thailand:

1) need to go to the dentist:

are they good at that (and cheap) thailand?

2) need a laptop

is there very good prices in Thailand compared to Sweden (EU)?

3) wouldn´t mind a couple of new glasses, ordinary and also glasses with sunprotectin

good in Thailand?

4) need internet access, and e mail address (playing online poker `several hours every day`, also need to be easy to get in contact with):

seems to be an djungle.......do you know what actually is the best way down there? Is it that one need an apparthem with a dedicated thelephone line and then an good adsl provider (is there any reliable and whats the prices)??

5) btw, is there hotelroom or bungalows with internetaccess included (where one just could plug in ones laptop from ones room)??

looking forward to hear from you all :o

hi

on the way to thailand in october (from Sweden), will probably stay for years........there are a few things I really need to do or get; now or in thailand:

1) need to go to the dentist:

are they good at that (and cheap) thailand?

2) need a laptop

is there very good prices in Thailand compared to Sweden (EU)?

3) wouldn´t mind a couple of new glasses, ordinary and also glasses with sunprotectin

good in Thailand?

4) need internet access, and e mail address (playing online poker `several hours every day`, also need to be easy to get in contact with):

seems to be an djungle.......do you know what actually is the best way down there? Is it that one need an apparthem with a dedicated thelephone line and then an good adsl provider (is there any reliable and whats the prices)??

5) btw, is there hotelroom or bungalows with internetaccess included (where one just could plug in ones laptop from ones room)??

looking forward to hear from you all    :o

i heard a rumour that thailand has internet access and dentists :D

maybe one of the small hotels like the Marriott or Hyatt might have such a thing as a phone socket in their rooms :D

as for glasses, you have to steal them from a rich man or make them yourself. :D:D

this should be in the troll quarantine thread.

I am planning on living in LOS next year so i am starting to get things rolling,

Myself just picked up a £1400 Laptop Sony Vaio pent 4 2.8 chip,512 ram upgradable to 1 meg,60 gb drive,fi wire, from Ebay for £850,

...seems to be an djungle.......do you know what actually is the best way down there? Is it that one need an apparthem...

Välkomnande till vild djungel av Bangkok var crocodiles är ströva inne

om klongs *

Dentistry was developed very early in the Kingdom of Siam, the moment the icebergs moved away, we could not use them icepicks anymore to remove decayed teeth. QUITE CHEAP

Laptops? If you move downtown you will find many places where the girls sit on your lap, that's top

Glasses we usually use to dring icecold Mekhoong whisky, but what for sun protection?

Now online poker might be a problem, Thailand does not allow any games.

Bungalows can be found in the boon docks. In the Bangkok jungles there are places where you can rest your head against a fee. But beware, if you choose a room in the 40th or 60th floor of some of the hotels I am not sure if they can provide the cables up there, wherefore better depend on wifi-technic which is delivered through the communicating noises of elephants roaming in the swamps of Sukhumvit area.

Good luck to you and watch out, you might not need an apparthem but the pachyderms can get a little agressive.

* Translation by my desktop, online from the Sukhumvit jungle:

Welcome to the wild jungles of Bangkok where crocodiles are roaming in the Klongs.

Tjenna karel,

(Sorry, I'm English)

Dentist - best I have come across are in Sweden. Hate them, but am prepared to sit in a dentist's chair in Malmo.

Laptop - probably cheaper if bought in Sweden for export (i.e. MOMS refund)

As stated above - gambling is illegal, except National Lottery and betting at horse-racing tracks. On-line gambling sites liable to government closing at any time.

Eye-glasses can be purchased at reasonable prices in LOS.

So if you come here, you can buy some eye-glasses, but bring the money with you - you'll not win it on-line. :o

Just took me four and a half %$#$#@ hours to chop my way through the forests near my area to get to the internet shop and the %%#^%$ decides to close for lunch. So I had to take a big old bus with holes in the floor for 2 hours to get to the next internet shop and now there are so many people here I can onlystay on for 10 minutes at a time. Take my advice and stay home ....it's a &^$^%$# jungle here !!