Bad Experiences At Embassies

AdultGolfer

He slept for several months on the sidewalk

considering that the norwegian embassy is located on sukhumvit soi 33, there could well be other motivations for sleeping on the sidewalk :o

lol

Also, a farang sleeping for months on the sidewalk, and not being picked up by the Police?

Seems strange.

Well guys to join the chime, i've had quite a good experience with UK emb. here, but the thread is NOT about the english speaking embassies, but those from more "exotic" locales, that tend to employ incompetent staff..
I've just re-read the title and the OP twice, and he doesn't restrict this thread to non-English speaking countries. Maybe I put my bifocals on backwards today, though.

Well guys to join the chime, i've had quite a good experience with UK emb. here, but the thread is NOT about the english speaking embassies, but those from more "exotic" locales, that tend to employ incompetent staff..
I've just re-read the title and the OP twice, and he doesn't restrict this thread to non-English speaking countries. Maybe I put my bifocals on backwards today, though.

Well it was his complaint about non norvegian speaking thais in the embassy & inability to get throu to the real embassy staff,

which woke up a lot of nasty memories from even making enquiries in embassies here... Hey the funniest one i've heard, is a good friend of mine Latvian, went to the Latvian consul here in Suriwong area & thai fellow there couldn't even recognise his passport !!! :D nevermind assist him in applying for a new one :o

Trying to get a non nonresident visa for a Thai girl to live & work in the U.S. is a joke. If you did it a couple of years ago you were lucky, I have heard from other Brit's their country is opting to be more & more like the U.S. & close the doors to poor immigrants. I had help from Hawaii's governor & the most I could get out of the situation was if I am filthy rich & she is filthy rich, our chances would be decent. Unfortunately I could not come up with the papers- or remember where what state or county my divorce took place in the U.S. 32 years ago as all I cared about at age 20 was throwing a whopping divorce party. The U.S. Govn that can tell you what color & how many times a day you take a crap. claims unless I am willing to spend upward of 3-5 million baht to do a county by county state by state search, I am never going to get the visa. At the time Linda Lingle (governor of Hawaai) Sonoma county mayors office & a couple affluent other people along with Gary Hacker(the Pattaya's emissary's to the American conciliate) Acording to Hawaii's Honolulu conciliate only 2 people in Hawaii got Visas according to Linda Lingle. We are very good friends & has never lied to me. All American offices in BKK. Los Angeles & Honolulu basically indicated if she were Mexican cart blanch . An easy flight to TJ Mexico & walk across the Saint Ynes turn off & she is in. Unfortunately for me I am too (stupid-Honest) to try to cheat my way in & have to hide from the government where I do hold some clout & respect! I used to live in Sandiego & would watch the illegals walk across the freeway in Droves.

It is a travesty that my country I am proud of, my own embassies is worthless. I spent 4 hours in Los Angelo & 2 days in Honolulu to no avail 2 years back. It is a shame the people who are willing to do the right thing -pay the money-wait the time can't get a visa. I could marry here, but same problem the other way as well. I even got a hookup with the supervisor in Bkk via Pattaya & was told they wanted to help but their hands are tied!

Other than that although they are slow, it was easy getting my statement of facts.The notary was 6 times a U.S. notary, but I expect to pay more living here. It is way easier to forget the marriage & not get upset. I would say 2 thumbs down as they are polite at the American embassy, but absolutely worthless in important issues. At least in Honolulu they went over 5 possible scenarios to get it going,but to the same demise no ticket no laundry. And I am not the only American that can't get my girl in! I apologize if this seems like a rant, but it is more disgust for the American Embassy here & abroad.

This is an amazing example of refusing to accept responsibility for your own life. You can’t remember what state you got divorced in and it is the governments fault they can’t tell you?

My wife as gotten 2 US tourist visas with no hassles, many of my friends wives have US tourist visas with no problems and another friend of mine went through the entire immigrant visa process for his wife in 3 months.

The issue is not the government, the issue is you and your lack of personal responsibility (to say nothing of your [lack of] writing skills).

Grow up

TH

We did this dicussion last year you provided a link where over 190 people got screwed on waiting for the govn. to get it straight. I assume you looked on line as it was only 7 days after I posted The govnment rechanged the rules All other posters from all countries MAINLY THE US. had to cancel thier flights as the 131 forms were reinstated but in the interim.

Maybe since you seem to be the Know it all on U. S . visas. Maybe you can provide the link that you gave me at the time so they could all see your folly & show Thai Thai visa posters Just how full of it you are! I never visited the forum after our encounter. For some reason you are really into pissing matches & if you go to the Pattaya Grand Sole you can talk to Gary hacker(the Ambassador to the U.S. Embassy himself. You my friend are misguided & seem to be of a very few people that are always right.

Thanks For The Flaming. Sometimes it is best to let it go.I have tried to stay out of your face & would appreciate it if You would waste your ragging on this post.

I apologize to the moderators but would appreciate real info & not hearsay. As I remember your women got in before the U.S. shut down certain ways to get in!!!!!!!!!!! besides not your business anyway.

All you have to say is my vote is that the U.S. is great or no with or without an explanation. Up to you

Over the years i have had occasion to speak to many of the various British Embassy officials in Bangkok. On a very few occasions , all quite a while ago, i found them to be vaguely human and approachable to an extent. On most occasions i have found them to be very arrogant , rude and unhelpful. It seems you need to be a particular typoe of person to work in British Embassies and rudeness and arrogance seem to be it. I often ask myself why people want to work in certain jobs, British Emassy visa section , traffic wardens, immigration officers and the like and then i realise they are all the same kind of nasty person.

You only have to try and talk to Ms Howerd at the BE to understand what i mean. And they can behave like this because .... well because they can . No-one in the UK is interested in complaints about individuals. I went to my local MP who said "yes well i am always hearing complaints about Embassy staff. They can be real bastards" , but there was nothing he could do about it . Complain to UK Visas and they express surprise saying "ooohhh... its the first time anyone has complained about him/her" yeah right. The truth is the government wants the nasty people there . Frightening.