A Question About Fruit

sua yai

Got a totally new fruit - to me that is - today. Missus tells me the Thai name is "geo man gon" - if I've pronouned it properly. Apparantly, been grown in Thailand for the past 5/6 years. I've never seen it before, although she tells me it's quite readily available in markets.

About the size of an avarage grapefruit. Thick skin, pinkish, purple in colour. White flesh, with lots of tiny black, edible seeds.

Very tasty. anyone know what the English name is?

Got a totally new fruit - to me that is - today. Missus tells me the Thai name is "geo man gon" - if I've pronouned it properly. Apparantly, been grown in Thailand for the past 5/6 years. I've never seen it before, although she tells me it's quite readily available in markets.

About the size of an avarage grapefruit. Thick skin, pinkish, purple in colour. White flesh, with lots of tiny black, edible seeds.

It is called 'Widowmaker Fruit'

Yes, it's a very rare fruit that is very tasty but is lethal, the poison is very slow acting, but is guaranteed to kill a farang in about 2 weeks after eating.

Thai women are now using this fruit to kill bad husbands as the fruit induces a massive Heart attack in its victims, and is totally undetectable in forensic tests.

Enjoy it. :o

It is called 'Widowmaker Fruit'

Yes, it's a very rare fruit that is very tasty but is lethal, the poison is very slow acting, but is guaranteed to kill a farang in about 2 weeks after eating.

Thai women are now using this fruit to kill bad husbands as the fruit induces a massive Heart attack in its victims, and is totally undetectable in forensic tests.

Enjoy it. :o

You turn me on.

Dragon fruit. Nice one, understand now. Phrase books etc I have are not dictionnaries, but initially when I asked what "mah gon" meant, I was told "like a horse, but with things coming out of its head". Thought she meant a deer.

Now I've got the answer, appreciate that its a dragon.

Hopefully, NOT a widowmaker fruit. She was eating some as well. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Heart attack inducing fruit? How clever. The ducks always did make a mess of things....

The ducks prefer the fruit ... or so I heard. The other things were inclined to be a tad tough.

Not after they've been thrown off a 7th floor balcony and tenderised a bit Doc. :o

Heart attack inducing fruit? How clever. The ducks always did make a mess of things....

The ducks prefer the fruit ... or so I heard. The other things were inclined to be a tad tough.

Not after they've been thrown off a 7th floor balcony and tenderised a bit Doc. :o

A lot of 'em a well pummeled too in the course of sporting activities. That'd tenderize 'em too. :D