Visa To Uk For Sure?

I just got a visitors visa for my wife to the UK in 3 days with no hassle, all very good at VFS in Bangkok, however....

A friend from UK has had his Thai girlfriend staying with him in the UK, she has had 3 visitor visas in a row, they just came to apply for another so they can be together for the required 2 years to get a visa as unmarried partners.

She got turned down because they think she is working in the UK? She is not, they say it is up to them to prove she is not working, how the hel_l do you prove someone is not working?

Anyway, the guys in the agency right next door to VFS say they can get her a visa, 100% money back guarantee for 140,000 ish baht?

ow do they propose to do that? This is the office right next door where you sit waiting to get your visa.

Are these people doing a back hander or what? how can they guarantee a visa when the embassy has just denied you? Sounds dodgy to me.

Anyway, I just want to know, when can they apply for another visa, is there a cooling off period? If you get turned down once, is that it? Can you appeal? Is there any point?

Any info I can pass on will be much appreciated. Cheers.

As they are not married, there is no right of appeal. However, she can apply again at any time.

No-one can guarantee that an application will be successful, least of all the cowboys adjacent to the visa application centre. I would wager that they'll take the 140,,000 baht up front and then find some reason for not returning it should the visa be declined. If your friend does want professional advice preparing his girlfriend's next application, he would be better going to either an immigration solicitor or OISC-registered adviser in the UK.

The embassy cannot assert that the lady has been working in the UK unless they have good reason to believe this. However, if she has basically lived in the UK for the past 18 months on visit visas, they may well doubt her intention to return to Thailand.

Scouse.

As they are not married, there is no right of appeal. However, she can apply again at any time.

No-one can guarantee that an application will be successful, least of all the cowboys adjacent to the visa application centre. I would wager that they'll take the 140,,000 baht up front and then find some reason for not returning it should the visa be declined. If your friend does want professional advice preparing his girlfriend's next application, he would be better going to either an immigration solicitor or OISC-registered adviser in the UK.

The embassy cannot assert that the lady has been working in the UK unless they have good reason to believe this. However, if she has basically lived in the UK for the past 18 months on visit visas, they may well doubt her intention to return to Thailand.

Scouse.

Cheers mate, I thought much the same about the 140,000. I guess that is the case about not intending to return to Thailand. I will pass on your info to him today. Thanks.