Bars Closed Last Night, Anyone Have A Good Night?

funfun

The Charity Clubs 2007 Charity Gala Dinner, Grand Prize Draw & Auction Will be held at the Pinnacle Grand Resort, Na Jomtien Saturday 15th December 7.00 pm - midnight.

''To complement your meal you have; Free Flow Chilean Ventura Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Chilean Ventura Chardonnay, Free Flow Singha and Heineken Beer...'' :o

Tickets are ฿ 1300.

Click here.

The Charity Clubs 2007 Charity Gala Dinner, Grand Prize Draw & Auction Will be held at the Pinnacle Grand Resort, Na Jomtien Saturday 15th December 7.00 pm - midnight.

''To complement your meal you have; Free Flow Chilean Ventura Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Chilean Ventura Chardonnay, Free Flow Singha and Heineken Beer...'' :o

Tickets are ฿ 1300.

Click here.

now thats the sort of reply i wanted, cheers

chris

Pretty boring night actually.

Checked a couple of friends places out. They thought they might (quietly) open regardless of the election, but it appears the possible penalties for doing so woke them up. So I then took a trip down Walking Street. Not as large of crowd as you might expect for a Friday night, especially as most of the bars/go-gos were closed (which should have meant more people on the streets).

Saw a number of people sitting in the few beer bars that were open. Quick glance revealed most were drinking Coke or juice (no beer bottles in evidence, or the usual "whiskey" glasses).

Pissed me off though, when I sat down at the bar of one of the Lucky Star bars I used to be a regular at and ordered a Coke (assuming they wouldn't sell me anything harder). Cashier takes a look at me and then tells me they don't have any ! :o (Nothing out of the ordinary about the way I look or dress or act)

The bar next to the bar in front of the Blues Factory seemed to be doing pretty good business though.

Took a drive out soi 17 towards Thepprasit Rd. A couple of the bars close to Thepprasit had all their ladies sitting patiently outside (this was around midnight), but they didn't seem to concerned about attracting customers.

Went home after that. Poured a Jack from my emergency stock, but didn't really feel like drinking alone.

Tonight will probably be much the same. Though if I go downstairs with my bottle of Jack, I'm sure I'll suddenly have lots of friends to drink with ! :D

Tickets are ฿ 1300.

Click here.

From what I have read on the big thread on this subject, even these pre-arranged do's will be dry affairs. There was some big BCCT do on at Northpoint last night, and they were told it will be soft drinks only (not spoken to anyone since).

Edited by sweetchariot

Tickets are ฿ 1300.

Click here.

From what I have read on the big thread on this subject, even these pre-arranged do's will be dry affairs. There was some big BCCT do on at Northpoint last night, and they were told it will be soft drinks only (not spoken to anyone since).

I can confirm that the Pinnacle Grand Resort comes under the jurisdiction of Sattahip police, not Pattaya, and they have given permission for this event to serve alcohol :D

I too will be nursing a hangover on Sunday morning but happy in the thought that I beat the ban and helped along a few charities in the process.

I was in the Lucky Time bar on Soi Nern Plub Waan till about 3 this morning getting plastered on San Mig Lite, there was even a copper in the bar in full uniform drinking coffee, you did have to enter through the back door though after 7 or 8pm and the guvnor reckons he's open all day/night today. Something to do with him having a hotel and restauant liscence i think.

I'm happily home, with a stock of everything I need. :D But I am curious about this. I'm wondering if the major hotels are also prohibitted from serving alcohol.

I realize that "Thai logic" is an oxymoron. :o However, I think there would be a sound, logical reason for allowing it. Consider the following points:

1. The prohibition on the sale or service of alcohol is intended to eliminate, or at least limit, the consumption of alcohol by THAI people, right?

2. This area of Thailand gets most of its' money from the tourist trade.

3. Tourists enjoy having some alcohlic beverages before, during, and after meals (in varying amounts to "personal preference", of course).

4. There are very few, if any, eligible Thai voters staying in the larger resort hotels.

5. It makes no sense to prohibit foreigners from drinking alcohol during the Thai elections. We who are residents don't care; and tourists care even less!

But, then again, since the current laws regarding sale of alcohol during ordinary days (which are obeyed or ignored seemingly at random hereabouts) make virtually no sense; why should the laws addressing the issue during these election periods be any different? :D

Since it was brought up ... OK, I brought it up! :D What are the thoughts here about the whole spectrum of the law on "no alcohol sales except between the hours of 1100-1400, and 1700-0000"? Here are my questions on the subject:

Can the Thai authorities truly believe that this prevents, or even minimizes the availability and/or consumption of alcohol by ANYONE who wants it?

Is this entirely the product of attempts to "look good on paper"?

Are there any "official" exceptions to the law that allow the bars, restaurants, and some markets which ignore it to do so; or is all such activity in violation of the law? (I do acknowledge that there is a great deal more enforcement, or at least obedience, of this law than there is of the traffic laws!)

Pretty boring night actually.

Checked a couple of friends places out. They thought they might (quietly) open regardless of the election, but it appears the possible penalties for doing so woke them up. So I then took a trip down Walking Street. Not as large of crowd as you might expect for a Friday night, especially as most of the bars/go-gos were closed (which should have meant more people on the streets).

Saw a number of people sitting in the few beer bars that were open. Quick glance revealed most were drinking Coke or juice (no beer bottles in evidence, or the usual "whiskey" glasses).

Pissed me off though, when I sat down at the bar of one of the Lucky Star bars I used to be a regular at and ordered a Coke (assuming they wouldn't sell me anything harder). Cashier takes a look at me and then tells me they don't have any ! :o (Nothing out of the ordinary about the way I look or dress or act)

The bar next to the bar in front of the Blues Factory seemed to be doing pretty good business though.

Took a drive out soi 17 towards Thepprasit Rd. A couple of the bars close to Thepprasit had all their ladies sitting patiently outside (this was around midnight), but they didn't seem to concerned about attracting customers.

Went home after that. Poured a Jack from my emergency stock, but didn't really feel like drinking alone.

Tonight will probably be much the same. Though if I go downstairs with my bottle of Jack, I'm sure I'll suddenly have lots of friends to drink with ! :D

I heard they got busted. :D

Edited by davethailand

A meal last night with friends in Chiang Rai was alcoholol free, and the normally busy night bazaar was mostly closed.

No atmosphere anywhere and we were home way early.

Doesn't make any <deleted> sense as when you get 10 kilometeres out of town , probably any town in Thailand you can eat and drink quite normally.

Smilin waiters saying 'Mai Mi' when I've had a few beers I can take, not when I'm sober as you can see through their brown nosin ,up your arse fuk you farang attitiude.