Treadmill Sparks When Turned On.

BEENTHEREDONETHAT

Any suggestions'

When I turn on my York treadmill it sparks around the windings and then shuts off. The brushes appear ok, it is a 4hp DC motor about 4 years old. Anyone know of someone in Hua Hin area that might fix it? Asked at the Hilton Fitness center but they were most unhelpful. Also ask at the Cha Am fitness center and they gave us a Bangkok phone number for their service man.

I'm very gentle with it as I only walk at about 5Khr for about one hour or the duration of a movie if it is a good one., my wife on the other hand jogs up hill for about 90 minutes or 10km whichever comes first. Pretty darn obvious where the problem originated. :o

sweetchariotPosted Today, 2007-12-16 12:15:48 Talk a walk outside, soak up some nature and get some fresh air.

If your wife takes 90 mins to 'jog' 10k then she needs some sparks up her @rse :D

For a five foot tall sixty five year old woman jogging up hill for 10K is a feat no matter how long it takes. You might also note I said "90 minutes or 10K whichever came first". :D:o

sweetchariotPosted Today, 2007-12-16 12:15:48 Talk a walk outside, soak up some nature and get some fresh air.

If your wife takes 90 mins to 'jog' 10k then she needs some sparks up her @rse :D

For a five foot tall sixty five year old woman jogging up hill for 10K is a feat no matter how long it takes. You might also note I said "90 minutes or 10K whichever came first". :D:o

You might also note that my post was entirely tongue in cheek, sorry, bored today (bars shut).

Good on her at that age, my mum's 67 and would be dead attempting that.

Any suggestions'

When I turn on my York treadmill it sparks around the windings and then shuts off. The brushes appear ok, it is a 4hp DC motor about 4 years old. Anyone know of someone in Hua Hin area that might fix it? Asked at the Hilton Fitness center but they were most unhelpful. Also ask at the Cha Am fitness center and they gave us a Bangkok phone number for their service man.

It sounds as though you might have a problem with the windings of the commutator, possibly a shorted turn if it is sparking that much. Have you tried removing the brushes and cleaning the dust out as this will have built up over the 4 year period, unless that is you have had it serviced in the interim ?

I would have thought that you could get the motor repaired in Hua-Hin, just keep an eye out for one of the little shops that does electrical repairs, reckon that they will know where they can get it rewound!