Plastic Surgery

Valencia

Dear Forum, I am going on a 3 weeks vacation to Thailand next month. I am living Europe and travel quite a lot and I am looking into the possiblility to do some "lifts" on this vacation. Does anyone have recommendation, price suggestions or experience from doing eye-bag removal or liposuction in Thailand.

Im am going to stay one week in Bangkok and then I will go to Phuket.

Supposedly there is a hospital in bangkok that does plastic surgery really resonable prices I saw it on TV on a tour special about Thailand They said many people around the world going to Thailand for Plastic Surgery

They showed a Girl on the program she had her nose fixed, It cost much much less if she did the surgery in the US. I will find out I taped the program see if i still have it I'll watch it again and let you know :o

There are many places in Bangkok that will do plastic surgery. Some are from the bigger hospitals but there are also many small "shops" that I would not recommend without checking them out in detail.

Bangkok

Bumrungrad hospital http://www.bumrungrad.com/en/clinics/plastic.asp

Bangkok Hospital group http://www.bangkokhospital.com/

are just a few in Bangkok

Phuket

PHT http://www.phuket-health-travel.com are working with Bangkok Phuket hospital.

Do not base your choice of doctor on the reputation of the hospital. I have seen too many bad surgeries at good hospitals. Pick the surgeon and not the hospital. You will be much happier with the results. Ask for the name of a doctor and not the name of a hospital. Doctors refer to other doctors and not to hospitals.

Bangkok Phuket

Bumrungrad

Bangkok Hospital

These are among the best hospitals. Some of the best surgeons do not work at these hospitals however. The #1 surgeon in a field can often do better with a private clinic than a large hospital.

Does anyone have recommendation, price suggestions or experience from doing eye-bag removal or liposuction in Thailand.

Im am going to stay one week in Bangkok and then I will go to Phuket.

As of a few years ago the price for eye-bag removal at Bumrungrad was about $750. For the 3 days following the op you need to take it easy - no jogging, no swimming, no exertion of any kind. You need to sleep on your back, preferably with a high pillow. They will probably offer you valium so that you don't roll around in your sleep. If any kind of pressure causes the laser cuts to open and allow blood to seep into the eye, it could have very serious consequences within a few hours - blindness or partial blindness.

At Bumrungrad the surgeon will probably give you his/her pager number in case of problems.

Another thing that is never mentioned in books about this procedure (or by surgeons) is that afterwards the skin under your eyes will be a little loose. This means that when you smile the skin under your eyes will crease up rather than the creases radiating from the side of your eyes. Of course there is another procedure available to tighten up that skin...