Us Thai Gf Visa

Can someone tell me if my Thai GF has to make the trip to Bangkok to submit her Application for a US tourist Visa or can she do it by post. Don't they need her passport and other papers or is that just at the interview? If she can do it by post, does she maile the DS 156 & 157 apps plus a picture, bank statements, etc... or just the app with $100. Now that I thik about it how does she pay the $100 if it is by post. Maybe I answered my own question.

Also, will me writing a letter help her, saying she is coming to visit me. My neighbors over here are Thai, She could say she is going to visit them instead of me. Which is better?

Full information should be available on the US Embassy web site for Bangkok. Payment is done at a post office and receipt taken to Consulate with passport/paperwork. I do not believe they offer mail service but check web.

Girl friends need a very good reason to return to Thailand and if you live in the USA it will not likely be of help. Everything must be keyed to her having funds, reasons and intent to leave the USA after a short visit.

your gf will need to be in bangkok for the interview which is generally a day or two after you submit the documents. you do not need to submit the documents yourself, someone else can. i don't think you can do it by post because an officer will usually go through the documents to make sure they are complete.

make sure you have plenty of 'evidence'. your GF is on trial here and is guilty until proven innocent. i've been here for 4 years, have a master's degree from a thai university, a work permit, and have been dating my Gf for 2 years. she has been denied a tourist visa 3 times. the last time, the thai (bitch) officer didn't even look at any of the documents, she literally took out the previous application and compared it to the one we were submitting. she then asked my GF 3 or 4 questions to see if they match the application (like WHERE are you going in the US!!) she then grilled me for a while and ended by saying "i can't take into consideration your situation" !! but she had also said that she couldn't be sure that i wasn't going back to stay and wouldn't keep her because i could earn more money in the US. I referred her to all of the info in the papers we submitted such as our affidavit and copies of my passport pages that showed EACH and EVERY year, for the four years I lived in Thailand and the one I lived in Hong Kong, that I return to the US in February and come back in May.

It comes down in the end to the fact that they don't want anyone to go and will manipulate the rules any way they want to make there case - but never explain to you how they applied the rules. For instance, it is obvious my GF is now on some list of "make sure you reject" We waited for three hours for the thai bitch, while people were coming and going all morning with visa approvals from the two polite farangs. we had been optimistic for the first two hours, because the previous time we applied right before the start of the Iraq war and NO ONE got a visa. but after other people were coming in and leaving with their visas in less than a half hour, our spirits fell.

of course I created a big scene and caught the thai bitch off guard and she got scared, but it didn't help our cause in the least (of course). subsequent emails with the head of the visa department about her unprofessional behaviour and refusal to look at our information (she had asked several times for information that she was actually holding in her hand such as 'I don't see a copy of your work permit' She had not only the copy but the ORIGINAL too) led nowhere excpet for I am sorry you feel you weren't treated properly we try our best. But I didn't FEEL that way. We WEREN'T treated properly. and all my complaints about how thailand sucks and these things would never happen in the US went out the window.