Connect Guesthouse Boat Cruise

sunluvr

What is up with Connect Guest House and their weekly Saturday gay boat cruise. I have heard from many sources over the past couple of years that the cost of this event is 1700 baht for farangs but only half price for Thais. This was also confirmed by my brother who went on the cruise last May with his Thai friend and also by a local Thai who hangs out at the gay beach all the time and is Connect staff that works on the boat cruise who was going to sell me the tickets. He made it clear that Thais only pay 1/2 price. When I went to the guest house tonite to book 2 tickets for myself and my Thai friend, the guy doing the registering made it quite clear to me that everyone pays full price, despite my arguments about what his staff person had told me (who just stood by silently without offering any kind of explanation to me) and also my brother's experience earlier this year. He tried to tell me that never was and is not the case. I told him to forget it and I wanted nothing to do with their business.

Anyone had similar experiences with them? Would love to hear if you have..

I don't really mind the fact that farangs pay more for some things than local Thais but I really hate it when I'm getting ripped off...

What is up with Connect Guest House and their weekly Saturday gay boat cruise. I have heard from many sources over the past couple of years that the cost of this event is 1700 baht for farangs but only half price for Thais. This was also confirmed by my brother who went on the cruise last May with his Thai friend and also by a local Thai who hangs out at the gay beach all the time and is Connect staff that works on the boat cruise who was going to sell me the tickets. He made it clear that Thais only pay 1/2 price. When I went to the guest house tonite to book 2 tickets for myself and my Thai friend, the guy doing the registering made it quite clear to me that everyone pays full price, despite my arguments about what his staff person had told me (who just stood by silently without offering any kind of explanation to me) and also my brother's experience earlier this year. He tried to tell me that never was and is not the case. I told him to forget it and I wanted nothing to do with their business.

Anyone had similar experiences with them? Would love to hear if you have..

I don't really mind the fact that farangs pay more for some things than local Thais but I really hate it when I'm getting ripped off...

Hi; donno anything directly, but

http://www.beachpatong.com/gaypatong/trave...h-kai/index.htm

describes the boat tour, and says... twice... "price is 1700 baht per person"...

Maybe the 1/2 price quote was what they USED to do, or something along those lines...

I get just as angry when I feel I'm being ripped off... but I often find it's actually my fault, not understanding some nuance of the situation, since I don't speak Thai (yet; but hope to... soon...)

Regards,

Pawpcorn

I've done this trip several times, and I have always paid full price for myself and any Thais I brought along. IMO, the trip is well worth the price. Also, knowing the owners of Connect as a long-time customer, I don't think either of them would ever try to rip off a customer so blatantly. Just MHO.