This Is A New One For Me

mark lamai

sheez i've stayed in heaps of cheap hotels,

now in Pattaya for 6 days at 500B a night,

today management says they will charge an extra 50B a day coz i have a computer and an iron in my room.

how small can you get,

never before had anything like this.

haven't figured the actual cost,

i reckong ironing a shirt a day and running a laptop (well 3 actually but mostly asleep),

would cost 10B a day max.

shame i have to move coz i just found a wi-fi i can hitch a ride on from my room.

a unit is around 3 baht yes? is 1 unit = i kilowatt/hour?

1x laptop bet there would have been no problem…

Sorry cannot understand why anyone would leave 1 or 3 laptops on show, no matter how cheap or expensive a hotel was.

When I used to visit here or anywhere, the travel kettle + travel iron + laptop + Camera if not taking with me were locked in my suitcase.. no one could steel them, or report them as in the room

The guesthouse I use in Pattaya charges 500 Baht per night and I don't think they even check on your electrical accessories. But I must admit a laptop computer comes in about 113th on my list of things to take on a holiday to Pattaya let alone three. Other types of laptops are freely available for rent locally but even then three would be a bit of a handfull. :D

btw pubs in the UK have started putting up signs "We do not recharge mobile phones" so maybe the idea started there. :o

I did stay one hotel in Pattaya where I asked for an iron and they said no because it uses electricity :o ...and heres me thinking you just wind it up and off it goes.

BTW why do you need an iron in Pattaya?....like a few creases make any difference :D

Edited by Flash500

today management says they will charge an extra 50B a day coz i have a computer and an iron in my room.

how small can you get,

i reckong ironing a shirt a day and running a laptop (well 3 actually but mostly asleep),

shame i have to move coz i just found a wi-fi i can hitch a ride on from my room.

how small ? your actually leaving over 50 bht? I suppose if you dine on cheese sandwiches and leo beer at 7/11 its probably worth the effort :o

Edited by zorro1

how small can you get,

how small ? your actually leaving over 50 bht? I suppose if you dine on cheese sandwiches and leo beer at 7/11 its probably worth the effort :o

Nver heard about principle?

Once had a beautiful 3000 baht bungalow near cha-am. When I checked out I was charged for orange-juice from the minibar, which I never touched. Never to return! It's not about money, but about not feeling cheated!

Seems logical, not?

its called P.N. Inn. in a soi that goes from 2nd road to walking street.

well, its an individual's choice , yes, to travel any way they want.

iron - when i wash a shirt, much nicer to iron it, quicker and easier than using a laundry.

excess computers - not by choice, by neccessity. running video edit and encoding, mac and pc, 2TB of storage as well.

of course its not the 50 baht per se, just the bad attitude reaching the tipping point.

point of posting was that i had never encountered a surcharge ever before,

i hope it doesn't catch on.

and the typical lack of thought and logic about what the cost might really be and that they will lose x amount of revenue because of a stupid idea,

(yes, i know they don't care).