Terrace Chairs

onzestan

Hi all,

Am looking for new terrace chairs as per following picture:

Was on Thepprasit yesterday and did find some very similar, except for the price, the cheapest offered were

Baht 6.500,- after negotiating.

The chairs in the picture (teak) are priced at 70,- Euros i.e. less than 3500 Baht in Belgium.

Am I missing something? Isn't teakwood originally from asia? Aren't the wages in Thailand cheaper than in Europe?

or am I beeing a cheap charlie.

Anyone know where can find similar chairs at REASONABLE prices?

Thanks beforehand for possitive advice.

cheers

onzestan

Try the furniture store on the west side of Sukhumvit between Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang.

If you are driving south along Sukhumvit. do a u turn just before Pattaya Tai and almost immediately on your left is the store. You can't miss it, as it has giant chairs outside.

I bought some terrace furniture there very similar to the ones in your pic about 2 years ago.

I can't remember the prices, but you can bargain them down.

The store is worth a walk round - it has so much stuff.

A guy used to sell furniture when there was a vacant lot on Sukumvit, at I think the street is Soi Kow Towelo, not far from Tepprasit... he had a SET of four of those chairs, PLUS a small square table, all of it for 9,000 baht... they were finished in a shiny darker paint, they seemed rock solid to me, especially for the price. but the bare teak finish, as pictured, are always much more money. every once in a while i have the maid re-stain mine, which are more like what you've pictured... and they are great. i like cushions on them, cause my delicate behind doesn't sit well with those prodding wood slats. good luck in this quest.