Re Entry

I always get mine from my local immigration office, it takes minutes, you need to pay 1000 baht and bring 2 photos. Check out the thai visa link: re-entry permit.

I have never tried it at the airport but I have heard if you are leaving in the middle of the night they might be closed. Otherwise, apparently it is quite easy there.

hello, can anyone help?

i am currently on a Non Imm 'O' One year Extension Visa, i am leaving from Bangkok on Sat 8th Sept to England for 3 weeks. Can anyone tell me when & where i get a re entry stamp and how long it takes?

thanks.

I'd hop on into Immigration at Suan Phlu. It won't take long. It can be done at the airport, but certainty is at Immigration now.

You can get in Terminal 1 after you check-in for your flight. Be sure to have photo and money. But if you are near to an immigration office I would do it now and not be in an airport rush. At immigration office it usually takes a couple of hours in Bangkok but at airport should only take about 20 minutes.

I have never done at airport as just making sure tickets are in order is enough for me. :o

i have just returned from Don Muang Airport where i was told to return with the form given (with photo) and boarding pass on the night i leave.  So fingers crossed it'll be alright on the night!!!

I wouldn't take the chance of obtaining a re-entry permit at the airport unless absolutely unavoidable.

Since you are in BKK why not get one in advance at Suan Plu?

opalhort

August 25th sent somebody off for an 11:50 pm flight.. Left 2 1/2 hours earlier from BKK, usually, at night, it takes 30 minutes from my house. This time stuck on the U-turn ramp to the terminal buildings, for nearly 1 hour. Still ok to check-in, of course. But for sure it would have been tight to run from Terminal 2 to building 1, wait 20-30 minutes for the re-entry, run back to terminal 2, perhaps be stuck in immigration line (pre-midnight flights are rush-hours.)

In other words, I do get my re-entries in advance downtown.

August 25th sent somebody off for an 11:50 pm flight.. Left 2 1/2 hours earlier from BKK, usually, at night, it takes 30 minutes from my house. This time stuck on the U-turn ramp to the terminal buildings, for nearly 1 hour. Still ok to check-in, of course. But for sure it would have been tight to run from Terminal 2 to building 1, wait 20-30 minutes for the re-entry, run back to terminal 2, perhaps be stuck in immigration line (pre-midnight flights are rush-hours.)

In other words, I do get my re-entries in advance downtown.

I think you and I think similarly in this Axel. It's one more hassle when leaving on a trip. I always get a multiple entry re-entry permit at the very outset, and then its done.