Villa Forgot My Turkey

dave111223

I had a Christmas party last night and so last week went to Villa to order a turkey.

The prices seemed pretty high; I ended up paying 3,500 Baht for a 14lb turkey + stuffing. But i don't have an oven in my condo so didn't have much choice. I seem to remember the prices at foodland being lower, but didn't want to make an extra trip.

Asked them to deliver the turkey at 5:30pm on 24th. 7pm rolls around we started thinking <deleted> is the turkey. So my wife calls Villa to ask where the turkey is; 20 minutes on hold with them pushing some papers around and the result is "We forgot" and "We can bring it in the morning instead". Eating the 3500 baht turkey for breakfast the morning after the party by ourselves does not really sound that appealing, so we ask for a refund instead.

They said ok to the refund so now i got to spend my Christmas going down to Villa to get a refund of my missing turkey!

I just can't believe that for that price they could just forget the turkey!

Needless to say GET YOUR TURKEY FROM FOODLAND, NOT VILLA! Lest the same thing happen to you; you've been warned.

Oh well mate, as much as it sucks, there's a lot of people facing worse hardships this Christmas, be thankful.

Santa Claus did not deliver the Ferrari and the mia noi i requested :o

I just saw an old guy with a beard driving down my soi in a F630 Spider with the most gorgeous Thai girl I have ever seen.

Funny, no pressies for me this year too.

Which branch did you order from? I think you have been unlucky.

We ordered a cooked ham from Villa on Thong Lor and picked it up ourselves. It was cooked perfectly and everyone enjoyed it. We bought the turkey and I got up at 5 am to cook it for noon. It was also perfect!!!

In the past we have ordered Turkey, ham and Beef Wellington from Thai airways and have always been very satisfied. This year we changed because Villa was cheaper with the turkey.

Personally Im sick of turkey now...

well maybe after the twos weeks of Turkey and cranberry sandwiches that are to come I may be..

Big Joe on Samui sorted us out a treat Joe if your reading Thanks you would of made my mum proud.

To the Op Pm me your address ill Ems a sandwich.

As others have pointed out It could be worse ,you could be stuck on a motorway somewhere in Europe in crap weather being driven to a mind numbing evening with the in laws.

Still easy for me to say I got my turkey ...and im now off to stuff the missus... :o

Personally Im sick of turkey now...

well maybe after the twos weeks of Turkey and cranberry sandwiches that are to come I may be..

Big Joe on Samui sorted us out a treat Joe if your reading Thanks you would of made my mum proud.

To the Op Pm me your address ill Ems a sandwich.

As others have pointed out It could be worse ,you could be stuck on a motorway somewhere in Europe in crap weather being driven to a mind numbing evening with the in laws.

Still easy for me to say I got my turkey ...and im now off to stuff the missus... :o

Home to bed and into mother :D

Can I ask why you waited until 7 to call Villa?

Did you call them at 5 or so to check on the delivery?

My experience would be to confirm the order at least the day of delivery,,,,,,,,,,,but turkey and eggs for breakfast sounds good,,,,,,,,,,,,,with bloody marys