Tourist Visa Q

Hi,

I am an Indian National residing in India. I am 34 yrs old. I was planning to travel to Thailand as a tourist. When I looked up the Thai embassy website and in this excellent website for some information on tourist visas, I got a little confused.

In one place it is mentioned that Indian Nationals can arrive in Thailand and Then Only apply for a visa aka Visa on Arrival which is valid for a 15 day stay. On the other hand, there is a little note some where else that says that Indian Nationals should apply for a tourist visa in their home country before arriving in Thailand.

Now which one is true? Can an Indian national arrive and apply for visa on arrival in Thailand if the planned visit is for 7 days maximum?

Thanks in advance :o

You must have a visa but for less than 15 days you can get on arrival at airport so you do not need to obtain in India. You will need to have tickets/documents for onward travel and money.

It would probably be easier to get in India if you live in a city with a Thai Consulate as airline could want to have you show tickets/money prior boarding. If not just get here.