New Year Accommodation

mikeyj

Well thought I was working New Year, but it seems that I got it wrong or someone did :o The problem is It's pretty near to the holidays now, Will I be ok coming to Pattaya on spec? or am I going to have problems getting a place to stay? Was thinking of coming Saturday and staying until the 1st. Also any ideas as to how busy the buses are going to be from Ekami? Don't want to be stuck in BKK for New Year :D

Well thought I was working New Year, but it seems that I got it wrong or someone did :o The problem is It's pretty near to the holidays now, Will I be ok coming to Pattaya on spec? or am I going to have problems getting a place to stay? Was thinking of coming Saturday and staying until the 1st. Also any ideas as to how busy the buses are going to be from Ekami? Don't want to be stuck in BKK for New Year :D

Short fuse on this one mikey and I recommend you get on the 'net and surf for something ASAP or you may be walking the Soi's for a wee bit till you find your kip. If you have been here before you may want to try the same place(s) you stayed before as that will give you a point of reference.

You will be arriving at the new airport (not Don Muang anymore) so buses from Ekamai are a moot point as the new airport is on the 'sunny' side of Bangkok. Check some other posts here regarding transportation from Suvarnabhumi (new airport). There's a Bell Bus service that comes highly recommended for the bus aficionados and The Limo Pattaya for those that want the faster track.

But a 3 night holiday? Hardly worth it eh?

Edited by NanLaew

Short fuse on this one mikey and I recommend you get on the 'net and surf for something ASAP or you may be walking the Soi's for a wee bit till you find your kip. If you have been here before you may want to try the same place(s) you stayed before as that will give you a point of reference.

You will be arriving at the new airport (not Don Muang anymore) so buses from Ekamai are a moot point as the new airport is on the 'sunny' side of Bangkok. Check some other posts here regarding transportation from Suvarnabhumi (new airport). There's a Bell Bus service that comes highly recommended for the bus aficionados and The Limo Pattaya for those that want the faster track.

But a 3 night holiday? Hardly worth it eh?

I get the impression he/she may reside in BKK. Therefore a 3 night holiday is perfect.

Edited by stevemiddie

Bangkok on New year is nice!!!

bKK WAY better. You really want to be around 20000 drunken hooligans walking st??

Oh pulllllllllease!

Pattaya is a little bit bigger than Walking Street.

bKK WAY better. You really want to be around 20000 drunken hooligans walking st??

Correction! Only 19,999 as I am working this hogmanay.

Up yer kilt Zorro!!!

ok ok my apologies I know more to Pattaya than walking st but somehow I get a walking st feel to this OP'S post. I have spent many a night there whilst living in cozy beach but I get the feeling it would be waaay over the top NYE

There are some places up behind Carrefour that are usually available.

They are relatively new and only about 600 baht a night.

I haven't got the card with me but there are three places directly at the back entrance of Carrefour that are worth a shot Navin Mansions i think is one of them.

There are new hotels, serviced apartments all over the place. If you just get off the beaten track

a little bit you will find plenty of vacancies. Even though it is the peak time of year. X-mas-

New year's and there are more people. They're not even close to being filled to capacity. If you had

a particular neighborhood in mind that would probably help with suggestions. Despite local TAT

claiming tourist arrivals are up another 15%this year. It certainly hasn't looked that way on the

ground, and after Jan 1st. I think we are going to have a glut of housing. :o

Oh pulllllllllease!

Pattaya is a little bit bigger than Walking Street.

...and the drunk hooligans are not limited to walking street... :o