Usie Your Corporate Housing Allowance To Buy A House

Not just in Thailand, but if you work in eg Dubai, is it acceptable to take your housing allowance from the corporation, buy a house and pay of the mortgage with the allowance?

Or do you have to do something like buy a house, so does your friend, you rent his, he rents yours?

Do apartments in Dubai come with a maid, or do you have to pay extra?

And what about Thailand?

Not just in Thailand, but if you work in eg Dubai, is it acceptable to take your housing allowance from the corporation, buy a house and pay of the mortgage with the allowance?

Or do you have to do something like buy a house, so does your friend, you rent his, he rents yours?

Do apartments in Dubai come with a maid, or do you have to pay extra?

And what about Thailand?

i hope you are not too disappointed because apartments in Dubai do not come with maids. the standard "furnishing" is a male butler, a male cook, a male gardener and a male driver :o

i'm not sure about Thailand.

I have friends in Dubai that do exactly what you are suggesting, put their housing allowance towards a mortgage on a property. I also do the same here in Thailand where my company konw I own my own place but provide me with a housing allowance (and same same for the car, which you can also do in Dubai).

You have to provide your own maid for your own place in Dubai unless you live in a serviced apartment.