Hi-net By Cat Or Tt&t?

thai4u

ok so my story is kind of normal in thailand.. :o

I had tot adsl,first they were ok but then in was impossible to work on the net with their line.

OK

so I changed to tt&t adsl ..same story..last 3-4 months I always on-off-on-off.the local technician knows me very well as he came to my place about 10-12 time in the last 4 months... :D whatever he tried it didnt worked ..cables,routers,line box in&outside.. NOTHING..sometimes ok but I want ALWAYS ok or at least 99% working.

So..now I think again company to CAT ..what do you think?

and what is it HI-Net by CAT or tt&t ?

will I see any difference and improve in my connection or will it be the same just different company collect the money?? :D

ADVICE PLEASE.

ok so my story is kind of normal in thailand.. :o

I had tot adsl,first they were ok but then in was impossible to work on the net with their line.

OK

so I changed to tt&t adsl ..same story..last 3-4 months I always on-off-on-off.the local technician knows me very well as he came to my place about 10-12 time in the last 4 months... :D whatever he tried it didnt worked ..cables,routers,line box in&outside.. NOTHING..sometimes ok but I want ALWAYS ok or at least 99% working.

So..now I think again company to CAT ..what do you think?

and what is it HI-Net by CAT or tt&t ?

will I see any difference and improve in my connection or will it be the same just different company collect the money?? :D

ADVICE PLEASE.

May you try to use the GHDSL from CAT/HiNet! Is low sharing (1 to 5) and uses a Cable Modem which is include the Package.

Monty could give you more info about it! May you ask him for more infos!

Edited by Reimar

Hi thai4u,

It's a bit hard to say what your problem exactly is. With ADSL 2 things can give you problems.

First problem can be with the phoneline, lots of noise, long distance from the exchange etc. This makes your modem lose connection with the telephone exchange, followed by trying to reconnect...

Second problem, especially on the cheaper packages, is lack of bandwidth. Too heavy sharing means that during peaktimes speeds can get so slow that websites time out, packets get lost, voip gets broken up etc...

The first problem will be solved if you go with CAT, since they will install a brand new cable all the way to your house (or shop), just for your internet. You do not lose connection when using CAT! Do note that if you choose Hinet by TT&T, you will NOT get a new cable, but they will use the TT&T phoneline...

The second problem is a result of too many users on the cheap packages, especially since recently the ISP's started giving speed upgrades, seriously overloading their networks. This can only be solved by upgrading your package to the more expensive business packages.

When you go with CAT, you have to choose the Premium package. Not cheap, but it seems to be that CAT is the best around, although not perfect either. Their network sometimes goes down as well, but not as much as some other ISP's. They also sometimes have speed problems, but not too much. On a very bad day I get around 400 kbps on a 2000 kbps package, but normally the speed is more like 1500 kbps...

Unfortunately you cannot get CAT everywhere, you'll have to ask the local CAT office!

Hope this info helps a bit!

Cheers

P.S. one big advantage with CAT is that you can choose a symmetrical package, both upload and download are 2mbps! Great if you need to upload a lot of stuff! This package is only 250 Baht more expensive then the 2mbps/1mbps package (2850 versus 2600 Baht/month)

P.P.S. Prices and packages of CAT are here: http://www.cat.net.th/hinet/promotion.html

hi monty, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your answer.. :o

I don't care much about the speed (although it is an important factor..) I just want to have internet,not breaks down-up-down..

and I do agree with yo that it happan when they made "upgrade" from 1mb to 2mb for the same price ..you want know something??it went slower(!)

such a bull-sh#$ service.

do they really think its acceptable that I'll pay full price and get half?

ps: after lots of screaming and bother them in the office..(alot..really alot..)I paid the last 2 months in discount..