Angelini In The Shangri-la Hotel In Bangkok

corkscrew

After a 6 month total make-over Angelini reopened on December 27th. Last night I had dinner there. My starter was Kobe beef carpaccio. Followed by a classic spaghetti. Both were excellent. And, the overall atmosphere lends itself to a great meal. The restaurant is on two floors and the ground floor also has an outdoors wing. Two bars and a band allows you to linger.

I always though that this was one of the best Italian restaurants (food, service, ambience, location) in Bangkok. The Hong Kong Shangri-La has an Angelini also, was wondering if there are named for the CEO?

They used to offer a Prix Fixee menu at lunch which was an incredible bargain.

Main course looks a bit on the small size, but the starter looks excellent. How much does this place set you back for a meal for 2?

The main course just looks small. The dish is actually quite deep (which helps keep the shaghetti hot). Not counting the wine it was about 700 baht.

I always though that this was one of the best Italian restaurants (food, service, ambience, location) in Bangkok. The Hong Kong Shangri-La has an Angelini also, was wondering if there are named for the CEO?

They used to offer a Prix Fixee menu at lunch which was an incredible bargain.

I haven't yet been there for lunch. But, I'll ask the next time I go there....which will be soon as I live across the road from the Shangri-La (Oh so convenient when I don't want to eat in....like with ribs from Food by Phone).

Main course looks a bit on the small size, but the starter looks excellent. How much does this place set you back for a meal for 2?

The main course just looks small. The dish is actually quite deep (which helps keep the shaghetti hot). Not counting the wine it was about 700 baht.

Very reasonable actually, I thought it would be more than that. I'll have to pay the place a visit I think...

You do like to eat :D

YES!!!

Sure you do :o

Come down to Phuket for NYE in my garden:

A few selected friend will have:

Champagne

Live canadian lobsters grilled with diff. sauces, french baguettes and breads

Kobe beef fillet,grilled. Salad selection, baked potatoes with sour cream, home made potato salad

Imported strawberies with whipped cream

....and some cold drinks.

Happy New Year!

Gerd

The massive size of the plate does make it look smallish, but that is quite reasonably priced for two people.

Actually, that was just for one person: me. My wife was shopping at Siam Paragon for something new to wear for New Year's Eve.

Hmm, quite pricey then, but still not bad for the occasional splurge.

YES!!!

Champagne

Kobe beef fillet,grilled. Salad selection, baked potatoes with sour cream, home made potato salad

Happy New Year!

Gerd

Thai Gerd, you still got one month of Chiangmai strawberries, save that extra dough and buy the foie gras too!

YES!!!

Champagne

Happy New Year!

Gerd

Thai Gerd, you still got one month of Chiangmai strawberries, save that extra dough and buy the foie gras too!

Good idea to improve the fillets to "Rossini" style, but brought the strawberries already this morning.

Gerd