Canon Camera Repair Information Requested

VBF

Hi everyone,

I have a Canon Ixus II which has failed. It's uneconomic to get it fixed in the UK but as I'm coming to Pattaya in 2 weeks I was wondering if any members can recommend a competent, cost effective repair centre in Pattaya.

Thanks in advance

VBF

PS - Mods - I have posted this in the "Photography and the Arts" forum as well - if that's unacceptable please delete whichever post you think is the least useful.

Try Tukcom on pattaya tai. It's the big shop in the basement.

Thanks Jareddiving - I always thought Tukcom was the name of the whole building housing all those super "Tecchie" stores - I live and learn! :o

When I had a problem with my old Canon G1 digital, I was told to take it to the Canon Repair Service Center located, I believe at the front on the 3rd floor at TUKCOM in Sri Racha. I took my camera there, filled out the form describing the problem and received a receipt from the lady. She said that it would be sent to Bangkok, no charge for transportation or estimate of repair. I received a call from the technician a week or so later. Luckily, there was only a minor battery connection problem with my camera and it was fixed quite easily. The camera was sent back to TUKCOM, Sri Racha and I was called when it arrived to come and pick it up. My camera was fixed for no charge even though it is an old camera years out of warranty. I would recommend you to give them a try. Worse case, the estimate of repair will be more than you wish to pay and you will get your camera back at no charge.

PattayaDavid

5th floor in Tukcom. Canon agent. They will send it away to be repaired by Canon. They advise how much and if I remember correctly, you can specify whether you want it repaired at all when they quote what the final price will be.

I took all sorts of electronic devices to Amorn and they were all repaired properly except for my Canon camera.

I don't want to rubbish Amorn but I do advise to follow torrenova's tip for your camera.

well after getting a quote from Amon in Tuk com for 4500b and asking if i can get a discount he said ok 3800b, i said i would think about it, oh he offer to buy my camera of me for 500b, how nice of him, I heard there was a camera shop (kodak) that does repair so off we went, the quote was 2600b ask for a discount he drop it to 2500b, and it was fixed within 24 hours. and its fine still 6 months later. the shop is located along Pattaya 2nd road arouid 200 metre short of pattaya Klang road on the right.

hope that helps.