Got My New Drivers Licence In 15 Min

Bpraim1

Went to Kantralak Srisaket last week. And desided to stop and see what all they wanted to aquire the card.

One letter from Immigation, Got it at Cambodia boarder while 90 check up 500bt

Copy of Passport

Copy of Drivers licence and international permit

2 Photos

Copy of Wifes House book signed by her

205bt for licence

15 min of my time

Maybe this will help someone in the area. Is quick and easy!!

Went to Kantralak Srisaket last week. And desided to stop and see what all they wanted to aquire the card.

Copy of Passport

2 Photos

205bt for licence

15 min of my time

Is it possible to get a thai drivers license while here on a tourist visa?

Did you get the new style license with magnetic strip and both Thai/English language?
Getting a driving license here is relatively easy, as mentioned above by Bpriam but oh boy some of the rules certainly take some understanding.

This one is well worth knowing.

Initially you will be issued with a 1 year driving license. When that expires and providing you have not had any problems you will automatically be issued with a 5 year license. Here is the tricky bit which i still do not understand but I love LOS so accept whatever comes my way. You must wait until after the license has expired before applying for a renewal. If you apply before expiry they will only give you another 12 months. If you wait until after expiry, say 5 days, you will receive a 5 year license. Effectively you will be an unlicensed driver for a few days. I do suggest that you don't leave it too long!!! :o

Copy of Passport

2 Photos

205bt for licence

15 min of my time

Have never had to pay for letter from immigation, just downloaded form from taivis and filled it in .

Copy of Passport

2 Photos

205bt for licence

15 min of my time

Have never had to pay for letter from immigation, just downloaded form from taivis and filled it in .

Which form did you download from taivis?

I just got my 5 year new style driving licence. It took me two days, i got the run around on the first day, twice to the licence place, twice to a main police station, and once to the local station. I already had a doctors letter. On the second day I took my baby daughter, everything changed people wanted to help, except the computer went down for a couple of hours. But got it in the end. Looks great, good enough to be used as ID :-)

I just got my 5 year new style driving licence. It took me two days, i got the run around on the first day, twice to the licence place, twice to a main police station, and once to the local station. I already had a doctors letter. On the second day I took my baby daughter, everything changed people wanted to help, except the computer went down for a couple of hours. But got it in the end. Looks great, good enough to be used as ID :-)

I have to re-new my liscence when I get back in 3 weeks ( my 5 year one ). Do you need an international liscence? as when I got my first liscence ( 12 month ), I just showed my UK liscence and had no problem.

Cheers,

John :o

I have to re-new my liscence when I get back in 3 weeks ( my 5 year one ). Do you need an international liscence? as when I got my first liscence ( 12 month ), I just showed my UK liscence and had no problem.

Cheers,

Just your Thai 1yr. lic. plus other documents.

This one is well worth knowing.

Initially you will be issued with a 1 year driving license. When that expires and providing you have not had any problems you will automatically be issued with a 5 year license. Here is the tricky bit which i still do not understand but I love LOS so accept whatever comes my way. You must wait until after the license has expired before applying for a renewal. If you apply before expiry they will only give you another 12 months. If you wait until after expiry, say 5 days, you will receive a 5 year license. Effectively you will be an unlicensed driver for a few days. I do suggest that you don't leave it too long!!! :D

This is quite true which I found to my amazement last month (November). My licence expiry date was 30 November, and it was my first year. So, I went to the local transport office to renew the licence on 28 November. They told me I could not renew the licence until the date of expiry (or afterwards). They also explained that I would receive a full 5 years licence on renewal. Guess what? The new licence, which I received on 30 November, is dated from 30 November 2500 to 7 October 2556. Seems a very long five years to me! Not complaining though. :o

Cheers,

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I know all the documents that I will need. Just hope I don't have an unforseen problem as my liscence expired in November and I won't be back in Surin until Jan 23rd.

John.....

Cheers,

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I know all the documents that I will need. Just hope I don't have an unforseen problem as my liscence expired in November and I won't be back in Surin until Jan 23rd.

John.....

thats as if anyone in there right mind would give u one john,,,and they don't hand them out late night at the Surin post office either

That's a little bit un-called for Michael. At least I can drive a manual.

Still, on the bright side for you, you can always get the brother-in-law to drive you around. Oh, I forgot!!! You only pay for the truck, he keeps it all to himself and you use the motorbike.

John..... :o