Travel Agency

PattayaDavid

I'm planning a flight in February to the United States to attend my daughter's wedding.  In the past, I've always booked my flights from travel agencies in Bangkok.  Does anyone know of a travel agency (name and location) in Pattaya that they have used frequently, have received fair prices and are generally happy with the service they provided?

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

Probably get the best fares direct from Eva Air online.

If you don't like booking on the internet then you could try Massic Travel,

on second road near soi 6. Long established and competent outfit.

They have a full page ad in the Pattaya Mail every week.

Naka.

I tried to book online, but since I will have to make a connecting flight in Los Angeles using a different airline to fly to Charlotte, NC, I couldn't seem to make it happen on the online EVA Air website. Am I doing something wrong? When they give me a pulldown menu of destinations, they don't list Charlotte (CLT), I guess because EVA Air doesn't fly into Charlotte so I must make a connection in LA, makes it more complicated.

Also, I went to the Bangkok Air office on second road to book my flight to Koh Samui next week. Does anyone know if EVA Air has an office in Pattaya?

Pattayadavid

Edited by PattayaDavid

I tried to book online, but since I will have to make a connecting flight in Los Angeles using a different airline to fly to Charlotte, NC, I couldn't seem to make it happen on the online EVA Air website. Am I doing something wrong? When they give me a pulldown menu of destinations, they don't list Charlotte (CLT), I guess because EVA Air doesn't fly into Charlotte so I must make a connection in LA, makes it more complicated.

Also, I went to the Bangkok Air office on second road to book my flight to Koh Samui next week. Does anyone know if EVA Air has an office in Pattaya?

Pattayadavid

No office in Pattaya as I am aware but the BKK office can be reached on 022696288.

I'm planning a flight in February to the United States to attend my daughter's wedding. In the past, I've always booked my flights from travel agencies in Bangkok. Does anyone know of a travel agency (name and location) in Pattaya that they have used frequently, have received fair prices and are generally happy with the service they provided?

Thanks,

Pattayadavid

Highly recommend B.L. Travel Service on Soi Lengkee (just off Soi Bukhau, nearly opposite Soi Diana - agency is opposite Opey De Place hotel)

Khun Boonluang - 038 488 454

Please tell her Mr Mike from England sent you -I like her to know I remember her! :o

i always use Jo at travel ideas, i have done so for 3 years, they are opposite friendship on Pattaya Thai. they offer excellent personal service, competitive prices, understand english well and are able to absorb difficult and abnormal trip requirements

they get my vote 100%, i have tried others on odd occassions and these are by far the best in my humble opinion

Thank you all for your input. I think I will have to wait until after New Year to book my flight as I'm sure that all of the agencies are closed until at least January 2nd. I wish you all a "Happy New Year" and good health and prosperity for the upcoming year.

Pattayadavid

Just in case you try and do it all online in the future, try:

www.amadeus.net

if you simply want to see timetables and seat availability by travel class for any particular route. That will also give you a clue as to what airlines website you need for booking the domestic portions of your itinerary. Then look at:

www.kayak.com

and

www.sidestep.com

to search for the best fares from airport to airport regardless of carriers and routing. Most times these 2 search engines will show that the best fare for an international sector is usually found on an airlines own website. I have used online booking when travel agents have given up or started blowing smoke because they had used up their seat allocation on their preferred carrier. For example, I had a clients travel agent telling me there were no seats on the preferred direct Rio - Houston flight but they could get me there via Miami. I went on Continental Airlines website, saw the opposite, booked and paid it myself and was home for the holidays.

Good luck and happy hogmanay!

I fly Eva too, on to Miami FL. They only recently started listing Miami on there destinations. But, what they are doing is putting you on another airline and the price was very expensive.

What you need to do is book your flight into San Francisco, not LA by the way, it takes over an hour and a half longer each way. And then book your connecting flight on American or United into Charlotte.

I would also like to use a Pattaya travel agency to book my flights, if I could get them at close to the same price. When I use my credit card outside the US they hit me with a 3% fee. I will try and check out a few more this time, the few I asked last trip the cost of the tickets were not even close to what I could get online.