Giving Your G/f Money - Is She Giving It Back?

rainman

Ok, we all give our girlfriend(s) money in one way or another, but have you ever given her money and made her promise to you to give it back within a certain timeframe? If so, did she give it back? Reason i'm asking, i gave my g/f a larger amount of money (+10,000B) two weeks ago for something university related her family usually pays for but they couldn't at that time. So now, the two weeks are over and i got my money back from her, not one setang less than what i gave her. You know, i thought i would most likely never see it again, but i was just proven wrong. :D:o

I don't follow the meaning of this post. You lent your gf some money, she paid you back, and....? :o

That happens with me and my gf all the time, I imagine loads of other people with gfs all over the world lend and get back their money. What's the point, because she's Thai you thought she would skank you? If she was a farang girl and you lent her money and she paid it back would you have posted a note about it? :D

Isn't there useless facts section in this forum now, can't this posting be moved to there? :D

I guess everybody who lent his gf 10.000 would appreciate it if she gave it back.

You're not a cheap charlie just because you think 10K baht is a lot of money.

In my opinion 10.000baht in los equals to 10.000 $ in the states, or 10.000 euro in europe. Lets face the facts, and see how much things cost, and what you get for the money.

No difference if thai or farang....it would be a large amount to borrow somebody, and a large amount to give back.

I guess you're girl is just plane serious with you....aint she? :o

Yeah, if what Thais see in the movies, 10 thousand baht would not seem like alot of money. But, to most Thais and many falang 10 grand is a significant amount without being called stingy, or tightass ect.

Imagine how many bowls of noodles, so, tam or bottles of Chung this could buy ?

Anyways, before i married my girl i did lend her money once. She came home from the market with 10 shopping bags full of clothes all for me and shouted me dinner with the change :o

In my opinion 10.000baht in los equals to 10.000 $ in the states

10000 baht is not even close to 10000 dollars in the states. :o

A Thai working as a secretary, or in another job simlar to that can earn 10000 baht, an American secertary is never going to take home 10000 Dollars a month.

In Thailand I can get a small appartment for 10000 baht a month, in America I could get a massive pad for 10000 Dollars a month.

Sorry to sound pendantic but that is a way off figure to compare.

Anyway Rainman, I need to borrow some cash, what's the chances mate? :D

All world aint america (even if some think so).

It was just taken from the blue.

I mean....in most other countries, you could comparison 10.000=10.000

and that is all because the prices changes land to land.

How much for a bottle coke in america? How much in los?

And how much do these 2 secretarys earn?

Get my point?

Ok, we all give our girlfriend(s) money in one way or another, but have you ever given her money and made her promise to you to give it back within a certain timeframe? If so, did she give it back? Reason i'm asking, i gave my g/f a larger amount of money (+10,000B) two weeks ago for something university related her family usually pays for but they couldn't at that time. So now, the two weeks are over and i got my money back from her, not one setang less than what i gave her. You know, i thought i would most likely never see it again, but i was just proven wrong. :D:o

tight git, I bet she was well chuffed when you stuffed it back in yer wallet :D

Yeah, kind of see your point, if it's out of the blue, not really your opinion though is it. :D

I did say sorry for being pendantic before so I won't say it again. :D

True, America is not all the world, I've never been there myself so far from all the world, in my opinion, not outta of the blue :D

I don't think in most countries you could comparison 10000 baht to their currency, equal to 10000 Euros? 10000 Pounds? hmm? :o Maybe so for other countries though, Europe not the whole world either, who knows, be kinda of a sad life if I sit here and work it out, so I think I will not.

Anyway, off the subject here. My main and first point was this is a kind of useless topic even to start with about lending money and getting it back, I don't get what's the big deal?

Thank you for sharing it with us khun fon tok.

Some of us have to put up with lying, theiving, decietful bitches, and you have to go and rub it in, on how lucky you are and how lovely she is. :D

I'm green with envy now. You see in my street, you give money completly free, and don't even think about getting it back, because i'm falang and its easy for falang. He just go ATM no plomplem. :o

Good for you though, I hope your teeth fall out.... :D

Lets be honest, from all the posts you see here every day (lately i just read, because i have so much work i don't have much time to post), it seems many of you complain that your g/f costs/wants too much money, never gives it back, etc. Sure, 10000 is not a whole lot of money and it wouldn't hurt me if i didn't get it back, but i thought i would post a positive experience i've had, for a change. I didn't even ask her about it once after i gave it to her, she came to me by herself and told me i would get it back tomorrow afternoon and i did. Sorry if someone finds this thread useless. Rainman is going to sleep, its been a long day. :o

From the Thais I spoke to, THB250 is a reasonable wage for a day's work, so THB10,000 is 40 day's pay. Assume £5/hour and 8 hours a day that means it's £1,600 which, in England, is a nice wad. So in wages terms it's about THB6 to the pound.

A large bottle of Chang can be had in Chiang Mai for THB40. In England that sort of thing is likely to be around £3.

I don't think, therefore, that THB==£ is safe.

Lets be honest, from all the posts you see here every day (lately i just read, because i have so much work i don't have much time to post), it seems many of you complain that your g/f costs/wants too much money, never gives it back, etc. Sure, 10000 is not a whole lot of money and it wouldn't hurt me if i didn't get it back, but i thought i would post a positive experience i've had, for a change. I didn't even ask her about it once after i gave it to her, she came to me by herself and told me i would get it back tomorrow afternoon and i did. Sorry if someone finds this thread useless. Rainman is going to sleep, its been a long day. :o

Rainy, actually I think this is a very positive event indeed. I think most of us don't expect to be repaid loans in general. I can't remember how many 'good friends' I have lent money to and never saw it again.

Earlier this year I lent a girl friend (not girlfriend) 10,000 baht because a.) she was a friend of my ex-girlfriend, b.) I had known her for 3 years, c.) I thought I could trust her and d.) she had a genuine sounding problem that was about losing a boyfriend - and hence regular money supply - and needing to pay her rent. So I said I would trust her to pay it back.

This, of course, got me into big trouble with my current girlfriend who wanted me to buy her a motorbike!

Anyway, I put the money in her bank account and instead of getting it back after two months as promised, I got it back after 4 or 5. But - like Rainman says - it's not a lot to most farangs, and it did give this poor girl a chance to find another boyfriend - which she has. And now baby number 4 is on its way. Good luck to her!

And last month I lent my current girlfriend 45,000 baht and she has started to pay me back at 10,000 per month. 35,000 to go.

So, from my experience, I think if you make it absolutely crystal clear that you want the money back, then you stand a very good chance of getting it back. If you allow the loan to sound like a present, or if you say nothing about when you want the money back, or say "whenever you can afford to pay me back", then that is the same as giving the money as a present. IMHO.

Reason i'm asking, i gave my g/f a larger amount of money (+10,000B) two weeks ago

You know, i thought i would most likely never see it again, but i was just proven wrong.  :D  :D

She is just trying to gain your trust as she is obviesly after

the Big bills :o

yes, that is what I would think of the situation as well.... but there is always an execption on the rule I suppose... depends on the financial situation of the parents too.. If they are isaan farmers, beware when she asks you 80.000 baht next month... :D