Any Young People In Hua Hin?

bipbip

Hi,

Are there any young people in or around Hua Hin?

From all I have heard, the Hua Hin expat scene mostly consist of older people, retired people, etc. Is that true or are there actually a large number of young people (around 30) as well?

What do the young people in Hua Hin do when they aren't working?

Thanks, bibbip

Been to Hua-Hin on some weekend trips, and in daytime it sometimes seems like a bad version of "land of the living dead" :o

But at night you can find a younger crowd in and around the night-life arias. :D

But the ration between young locals and young "visitors" is staggering, so as a young "visitor' you do have some advantages during your stay... :D

Here A LOT of young people around 30-35 y.o., most of them are men (fortunately :D ).

I live here (I am 28 y.o.), but I am a woman :o

Most of young people are tourists, of course!

I am playing billiard at the evenings, and going to the gym at Hilton. What else? Shopping, of course, meeting with friends, going to the beach, massage, spa... That's it maybe...?

• 3 weeks later...
Here A LOT of young people around 30-35 y.o., most of them are men (fortunately :D ).

I am playing billiard at the evenings, and going to the gym at Hilton. What else? Shopping, of course, meeting with friends, going to the beach, massage, spa... That's it maybe...?

Hippy Birthday there Naya! We will be down this weekend for 2 weeks from our home in BKK, so hope u have some birthday cake left for us, hehe

I'm heading to Hua Hin tomorrow with a few of my expat friends. We're all in the 25-27 range and looking for a good place to drink and play guitar. Any recommendations? I suppose this might not be the correct thread to post in, but it's very early and I'm very hungover ...

BFD!

I'm heading to Hua Hin tomorrow with a few of my expat friends. We're all in the 25-27 range and looking for a good place to drink and play guitar. Any recommendations? I suppose this might not be the correct thread to post in, but it's very early and I'm very hungover ...

BFD!

Perhaps San Paulo, 222 Petchkasem Road, Hua Hin, Phachuapkhirikhan 77110

Have fun,

Petch01

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for letting us know erotichnaya.

Me and my friend (both women) are going there next week. It's good to know that we won't be the only farang women around...! Maybe next time I visit I'll bring my Uzbek friend with me. She's the same age as you.

Manou (or anybody who knows the area and is online right now..),

I'm in Hua Hin at moment but I'm trying to find somewhere quieter. I slept in a guesthouse in the middle of the touristy bit, last night. It overlooked the sea and it cost me 350 Baht, fan & shower. A bit grotty.. As you are 'local' would you be able to direct me to some fishing village with a couple of simple bungalow resorts...? Would that be Cha-aham by any chance? I'm having to check out today.. :o

Thanx a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Ave,

I am in a house myself, but if I look for a hotel it is mostly in the pricerange of arround 1000 THB.

Means it can be 700 but also 1300. Seeing what you pay now these would maybe be places you are not to interested in?

• 3 weeks later...

Manou, thank you for the advice. I actually found a room by the sea for 455 Baht with private shower and tv, very clean and quiet. I'm back in Pattaya now. Next time, if I get a payrise I'll probably try the one you suggested. Cheers!

Hi,

From all I have heard, the Hua Hin expat scene mostly consist of older people, retired people, etc. Is that true or are there actually a large number of young people (around 30) as well?

Thanks, bibbip

There is Webster Uni and Stamford-Schiller I think -- both with international students

as well as a couple of Thai Unis etc .. lots of young folks about.

• 6 months later...
Hin Nam Sai Suay nightclub/disco north side of HH on the main road is where the trendies hang out.

It's more Thai-style disco. I think that most of farangs like FullMoon Party, disco at BKK or less... Hilton in Hua Hin.

We can meet together someday at Hilton disco, for example, if anyone wants. What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks, bibbip

25 here.

Am I'm the youngest non-tourist farang in Hua Hin?

Hi,

Thanks, bibbip

25 here.

Am I'm the youngest non-tourist farang in Hua Hin?

That depends on whether the Webster, Stamford, et. al., Study Abroad students are considered "non-tourist farang in Hua Hin" .. many look younger than 25.

That depends on whether the Webster, Stamford, et. al., Study Abroad students are considered "non-tourist farang in Hua Hin" .. many look younger than 25.

Stamford Hua Hin closed its doors at the end of the September semester and all operations have moved to Bangkok. Rumours are that a much needed steel recycling plant will be built on its site.

There are many young people here in residence. Some have been involved with one of the university, some have parents here, some are working in hotels, media and other farang businesses and some are here of there own volition. There are actually more under 30s ex-pats proportionally in Hua Hin than there are in Pattaya according to immigration's tourism figures. They classify anybody on a 30 day or tourist visa to be tourists. Any longer stay visa is considered an ex-pat by the TAT rules.

Edited by soundman
Removed taunt.

Stamford Hua Hin closed its doors at the end of the September semester and all operations have moved to Bangkok. Rumours are that a much needed steel recycling plant will be built on its site.

Response to email inquiry re: status of Stamford Hua Hin Campus

No the Hua Hin campus is still open and active. International programs have been moved to Bangkok for the time being to promote the new campus. We will start offering International programs there again in a few months.

xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Manager for International Affairs

Stamford International University

Bangkok, Thailand

+66(0)871567817