Relakks ?

marcus

I just signed up for "Relakks" (www.relakks.com) , a VPN tunnel to Sweden hoping it would improve my internet performance, but till now, it is not "relakksing" at all, I always have error 718 when I try to sign in ; The connection was terminated because the remote computer did not respond in a timely manner.

Anyone has any experience with this service or even better, knows how to solve the problem ? (I send them an email, but as it is New Year, I don't expect a swift reply)

Happy New Year to all !

Guest Reimar
I just signed up for "Relakks" (www.relakks.com) , a VPN tunnel to Sweden hoping it would improve my internet performance, but till now, it is not "relakksing" at all, I always have error 718 when I try to sign in ; The connection was terminated because the remote computer did not respond in a timely manner.

Anyone has any experience with this service or even better, knows how to solve the problem ? (I send them an email, but as it is New Year, I don't expect a swift reply)

Happy New Year to all !

As there isn't a trial available, it's difficult for to checkout. and I wouldn't pay just 5 Euro for that. I aloso believe that there wouldn't much people around here, eve any who's using this service because of it's location!

I think you have to wait a few days until the service will starts normally. But on the other hand a company which service like taht should be having a service 24/7!

I use Relakks. I find that, if my internet connection is slow, I receive the same message as you. For example, yesterday was slow all day (many people using the net in Thailand because of the holiday I expect), and I could not connect. But today it is fine. When I had the TT&T Indy package it was hard to connect to Relakks; now I have upgraded to Premier service, Relakks stays connected for most of the time.

Thanks for the replies. I just found another forum on which many people are complaining about the same problem which seems to be popped up for a couple of days.

I'm a complete newbie about VPN, but as I heard many positive comments about VPN, I decided to give it a try for 5 euro. The location looks ok for me, as the main server I plan to use it for (=my slingbox) is located in the Netherlands, which is more or less "on the way".

Since yesterday,I'm able to log in into Relakks. It is doing what they promise ; FTP works, bittorent is improved, a Slingbox "blocked" by Maxnet is suddenly working... So, it is seems to be what we are all looking for...

BUT : on serious drawback : it is quite slow compared with my normal connection. Not a problem for normal usage, but I hoped it would increase the speed of my Slingbox, and instead it slowed down... So I will probably not extend my account. But I think it might be useful for other users who care more about quality as about speed.

Now I'm thinking about experimenting a bit with the build in VPN solution in windows xp. The idea is to ask my friend at home (who hosts my Slingbox) to install the VPN server on his PC so I can log in directly. Anyone has any experience with a setup like this ? I'm a bit worried that it would seriously slow down his PC, something I absolutely want to avoid.

I use relakks from here and it works good. Of course it is a bit slower cause you first have to connect to the servers in sweden before they will send the traffic to the homepages,ftp or whatever you are trying to access.

The good thing about Relakks is that you can access pages which is blocked from thailand and all you are doing gets 100% anonym.