Where To Go What To See In 1 Week?

justanotherguy

Hello all :o

Well me and the Mrs will visit Chiang Rai for a week and if we like it perhaps stay a few months in june..Any idea for us? In pattaya now and we all know about pattaya..

Thanks all and happy new year !!!!

What about: the Royal Villa and the Royal Gardens in Doi Tung (in the direction of Mae Sai)

If you like nice markets and shopping Mae Sai is nice. Furthermore there are few very nice waterfalls in the Chiang Rai province, the White Temple (7 km in the direction of Chiang Mai) etc etc. If you need more information please send me a PM.

Very nice post ISPY, Thank you !

Well me and the thai wife are off to the village for 3 weeks before i must go back to america and refuel..Her village is in the area of kamphaeng Phet, and really don't want to stay there for 3 weeks (pig farm and rice patty) Not a rich man right now and really up for going anywhere cheap.."Lampang" Sukhothai" Chang Rai" no idea where to go..Would like to stay somewhere nice(and be able to eat) and perhaps go back in fall or late summer..

Thanks again and anyone please chime in if you have some ideas..

Very nice post ISPY, Thank you !

Well me and the thai wife are off to the village for 3 weeks before i must go back to america and refuel..Her village is in the area of kamphaeng Phet, and really don't want to stay there for 3 weeks (pig farm and rice patty) Not a rich man right now and really up for going anywhere cheap.."Lampang" Sukhothai" Chang Rai" no idea where to go..Would like to stay somewhere nice(and be able to eat) and perhaps go back in fall or late summer..

Thanks again and anyone please chime in if you have some ideas..

In Chiang Rai (city) are several guesthouses with reasonable prices. Furthermore it is possible to eat very good for nice prices at a lot of locations in Chiang Rai. Just take the local restaurants and places. Across the road you can have fried rice with chicken or noodle soup starting from THB 20!

a boat trip up the river in c rai is nice.

you have the option of the 1 hour or 1.5 hr to the elephant camp or take the 4 hour to thaton where you can take a prearranged van back to chiang rai.

nice rural scenery along the way.

the other fave is to rent a motorbike and get lost in the countryside. the road along the river is nice.

Don't know when you are coming to Chiang Rai city, but there is a Flower Festival at the Chiang Rai Beach till the 6th (free entrance, lots of flowers and people, all kinds of hilltribes are represented, a contest in best flowerbouquets, stands where they sell all kinds of stuff, plenty of food and drinks, nice atmosphere)

After that there will be food festival at the old airport. Have no idea how it will be like, quess it will be fun with lots of thai.

Visiting temples are free. The white temple "Wat Rong Khun" ia worth the visit. Very impressive and different. About 12 km. out of Chiang Rai city (in the direction of Chiang Mai).

And In Mae Salong there is this temple (I can't remember the name, but it's somewhere in the chiang rai forum, there is a nice temple on a hill. but you need to climb 720 stairssteps to get up there.... very nice view up there!

In Mae Sai (before you do all the shopping) you can climb up this nice hill where you get aerial view over Myanmar and Mae Sai city.

You can take busses or tuktuks instead of hiring some one from a touragency. You can get free maps almost every where: bookshops, hotels, tourist information etc.

What would you like to see?

I don't know much about the prices of guesthouses or hotels. My friend stayed in Baan Bua (for 200 baht a night) and some one else in Primada (near the Highway for 500 baht). But I guess downtown there are guesthouses for cheap.

Good luck on your search and your visit to Chiang Rai.

Go to Thoeng district (east of Chiang Rai) approx 60 km towards Chiang Kham (Phayao province). There are freshwater prawn farms and restaurants that can serve you a feast of fresh prawns grilled in charcoal stove. Some of the dishes are not too spicy. You might want to have a local with you or someone that speaks thai.

Hello all :D

Well me and the Mrs will visit Chiang Rai for a week and if we like it perhaps stay a few months in june..Any idea for us? In pattaya now and we all know about pattaya..

Thanks all and happy new year !!!!

Hello to you :o

Yes Doi Measalong is a must when in chiang rai . Just got back this morning after spending three weeks there . Nice view , nice food and the weather is just great ( 24 deg C in the day and 12 deg C at night ) .

Food and rooms are real cheap . Have a nice stay in chiang rai . Need details and more info , PM me . Bye .

You know i have posted in other forums and in other sites..The few respones i have got here all have been very kind and offering me help..

Thanks all ..

My story !

Coin has run out and must go back to the states to refuel and work for a good 6 months..I married the best person i have ever met in my 46 years of life..I'm the one who feels lucky(well she says that about her being lucky meeting me) Its a very sad thing leaving her behind and me going back to the states again..This is the 3rd time i have had to do this..So in pattaya now and back to the village for a few weeks and hope to chaing mai, and Rai in a few weeks.. then back to Soaked calif..Yes i hope to bring her soon the the states aswell

for us who live in Thailand with a good Thai women beside us knows how i feel..

Thanks !

Edited by justanotherguy