Kanchaniburi To The New Airport

sgunn65

Kan Win, i would be intersested in your routes. I have been trying to find out if the southern sextion of the outer ring road is complete (A9). On my maps I can't see if there is a bricdge occross the river. I would like to avoid the Dao Khanog Bang Na route.

My favourite route is to miss the capital altogether by using this route:

Leave K'buri and head east on ??? there's a turning not far away that leads to Don Tum, from Don Tum you go to Lad Lum Keaw, and direct into pathumthani or round the western ringroad to the Saraburi road. From there its a simple straight line along the eastern ringroad to the new airport.

For at least the first 60% of the trip the roads are only single carriageway so be careful especially if driving at night

Bon voyage

AjarnP

p.s. it used to get very potholed during the rains years ago but I don't know about now :o

Leave K'buri and head east on ??? there's a turning not far away that leads to Don Tum, from Don Tum you go to Lad Lum Keaw, and direct into pathumthani or round the western ringroad to the Saraburi road. From there its a simple straight line along the eastern ringroad to the new airport.

For at least the first 60% of the trip the roads are only single carriageway so be careful especially if driving at night

Yep, gotta be the best, 324 out of K'buri then the 346 to Pathum.

Once you get to Pathum you can get on the outer ring (route 9 IIRC) and go all the way around to the expressway east of BKK or cut the corner by going through Rangsit (traffic) and join the 9 heading south.

K'buri - Pathum is a bit variable, there's a lot of widening work going on and some bits are single lane but generally a fast'ish road.

Edited by Crossy

Kan Win, i would be intersested in your routes. I have been trying to find out if the southern sextion of the outer ring road is complete (A9). On my maps I can't see if there is a bricdge occross the river. I would like to avoid the Dao Khanog Bang Na route.

yes, the bridge on the outer ring road was opened on the 15th of november - as not many drivers know about it it's pretty empty. Nightime lorry drivers use that stretch of the ring road as a free parking space

Yep, gotta be the best, 324 out of K'buri then the 346 to Pathum.

Once you get to Pathum you can get on the outer ring (route 9 IIRC) and go all the way around to the expressway east of BKK or cut the corner by going through Rangsit (traffic) and join the 9 heading south.

K'buri - Pathum is a bit variable, there's a lot of widening work going on and some bits are single lane but generally a fast'ish road.

Agreed Crossy, this is his best route. Although some sections are single carriage way it'is being upgraded now plus is still a route that's light on traffic.