Immigration Office In Ubon Ratchatani

Can anyone update me on this office. I have driven by it and would like to take care of my extension here if possible. Phibon is a little bit far off for the scooter ride and I can take an early morning bus from Det Udom to take care of business here if its possible. I would like a phone number and hours if possible

Thank-you

Rocky

I found out from Phiboon that the Ubon office does not handle any extensions and I have to go to Phiboon. Soo thats where I am off to today. Hopefully I can do my 90 day early as well. Transportation department needs to have a signed copy of address report for the drivers license.

Here is the update....

Went to Phibun to apply for a one year extension(based on Marriage)on Thursday loaded with copies of everything plus the wife. I was sent away to get a translation of the US Embassy letter stating my income plus a letter from the Bangkok Bank manager stating my current balance. I had copies of our updated bank passbook with the current balance and all transactions during the past year, that show more than 1 million baht brought in since Sept 07. They still wanted the letter from the bank. So I left and returned on Friday with everything they asked for plus more copies of my bank records in the US. After looking at what I had they still wanted proof that I was bringing in more than 40K a month. I asked if 800K in Dec and 300K in Oct was a sufficien amount, and was asked if I have atm withdrawal slips. I then produced my bank statements from the states that show some withdrawals in Thailand, and this seemed to satisfy them. I was called to the counter and told that I would have to come back in a month and they then wanted to know if we had any children. I replied that we did and they were grown and living in the US. I was not sure where this was going as the wife was getting a little irritated by now and simply told them they were married and both US citizens as well as Thai citizens, with their own families. Got the passport back with a stamp requesting me to return on the 4th of Feb 08 and a letter to the Det Udom Police. As I still needed a letter from the immigration dept for my drivers license or the signed bottom half of the 90 day report I had to wait for this. I paid my 1900 baht for the extension and got a receipt then I was asked for 300 baht for the letter and did not get a receipt for this as I saw the 300 go into the officers pocket. We will see what happen on the 4th of Feb.

• 11 months later...