Welcome To New Members - 2551/2008

Tywais

Member in the TV forum more than 4 months, but now have the time to write about me.

I am Greek going every 2-3 months in Thailand.

I love this amazing country and its smiling people. (I have been in 46 countries, but Thailand captured my heart...)

Many thanks to the owners and contributors of the best Thai forum for falangs...

Edited by mgreek

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Thaivisa, amazing board here, Let Me introduce myself

Stewart , 51 years young, Divorced Australian (Sydney/Perth)

Engaged to a lovely Thai girl 30yo for a few years

Living in ChiangMai . . renting a large home in a Moo Ban

just out of town (7 k's). Sponsor a bar (yes, another sucker!)

love gym, cycling, motorbikes, meeting freaky people.

Very glad to be in Thailand, especially the beautiful Chiang Mai.

I will shut up now :o

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

welcome-sm.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2551/2008, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

Hi All.

Cupid Stunt here, just joined. I'm 47 from Edinburgh Jockland.

Been coming here OOOPS!(visiting) for about 4 years now. I usually visit for 5-6 months at a time then return to crapland. I'm here until Jan next year.

I live in Lad Praow, near the MRT.

Great site, glad to be here..

Hi...

Been coming to this site off and on looking for info on various things. Seemed like a good bunch of people so I thought I would introduce myself.

Handle here is "Kickstand". Been in Thailand about a year and a half now. Been working here off and on since 1985.

Currently live in Phatumtani. Married to a Thai girl for 18 years. Three rescued soi dogs and 2 cats from the US currently make up my household.

Like Drinking, Scuba Diving, Harley riding, and meeting people. Various other interests that come and go as time moves on.

Hope to meet some of you in real life. Would like to expand my circle of friends.

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

welcome-sm.jpg

Only been here an hour and I am really disappointed that I can't post a photo. You have an icon that says attach photo. then when I paste in the photo location I am warned not to post URL's etc. Still trying to post, but not for much longer. Crazy

Hi,

Name is Ernest, been on here a few times as a guest, but never signed up till now. Live in Chumphae, left the uk about 4 years ago now, lived in Turkey 3 years then decided to live in Thailand after my wife (Thai) kept complaining that she can't find anything to eat (to her liking) in Turkey.

Ernest

Edited by ernest1966

Hi,

Name is Ernest, been on here a few times as a guest, but never signed up till now. Live in Chumphae, left the uk about 4 years ago now, lived in Turkey 3 years then decided to live in Thailand after my wife (Thai) kept complaining that she can't find anything to eat (to her liking) in Turkey.

Ernest

Welcome to you Ernest. I agree with your wife ... that Turkish food is iffy.

Hey everyone!

My name is Johnny, and it is a pleasure to meet all of you here on the Thai Visa Forum.

I'm not sure what all of your reasons are to live in Thailand, but one quote summed it all up for me.

"Do we have a moral obligation to be happy?"

I think yes...if nothing else in the world, the only obligation I have to anyone, or anything that should come before anything else, is for me to be happy. And being in Thailand makes me happy. I love not having stress, having everything be easy and affordable, everything is beautiful and serene. Ahhhhh - That's the sound I hear myself make everytime I think about being in Thailand.

Anyways, I visited the Kingdom for my first time ever 3 weeks ago, and loved it so much that I decided to move there forever. I came back to America, sold my car, my material belongings, gave away my clothes, broke up with my hot blonde girlfriend, said good bye to my friends, and bought a one way ticket to thailand. Oh yeah I got a 2 entry tourist entry visa too, good for 6 months.

I'll be staying in Koh Tao. See you guys around. =)

Love,

Johnny

I strongly suggest you pack your bags and run

Hello ALL:

I am an Engineer, so I love everything technical. My interests are: Golf, Photography, Astronomy, Science (or course), Political Discussions, Philosophy, This Planet (I do love this place) and all things green.

I am confused though; Thailand is a strange place for me. I have come and gone several times over the last two years and have finally married Thai…Congratulations, thank you!...thank you!

What I see with my heart, is not what I see with my eyes. Those of you who really understand Thailand (as I do), know what I am talking about. I would really love to talk to people who know this place as there is much I need to know about if I am going to live here forever…any ideas?

Welcome and congratulations! I am an engineer also, of the "Full ahead/Half astern" type. May I suggest that you look at your sentence "Those of you who really understand Thailand (as I do)...", and consider the possibility that there might be a whole lot more for you to learn about Thailand? Like that wise guy Twain once said "East is East...etc.", so any farang can spend a lifetime here and still not know it all. Cheers, mate

Hello ALL:

I am an Engineer, so I love everything technical. My interests are: Golf, Photography, Astronomy, Science (or course), Political Discussions, Philosophy, This Planet (I do love this place) and all things green.

I am confused though; Thailand is a strange place for me. I have come and gone several times over the last two years and have finally married Thai…Congratulations, thank you!...thank you!

What I see with my heart, is not what I see with my eyes. Those of you who really understand Thailand (as I do), know what I am talking about. I would really love to talk to people who know this place as there is much I need to know about if I am going to live here forever…any ideas?

I'm a newbie here. =) Never been to Thailand in my life, no job, no string attached. Originally from Malaysia, being studying and working in Australia for a few years... I have just decided to stay in Thailand for good with no apparent reason. :o

J.

:D:D Hello all on here, I,ve just joined and hope to read and contribute in the forums, Cheers... kevinc :o:D

Hi

The powerful estimating tool is designed specifically to meet the needs of estimators in the structural steelwork industry. I found a site which it can benefit you.If you are interested then you can land

www.acecadsoftware.com/steel_estimating

welcome-sm.jpg

Greetings from a transplanted farang from San Francisco now living in Windmill Estates in Samutprakarn. Any other forum members in here living out here? I've met five or six other families in the estate and look forward to getting to know more. Peter

Aloha all,

New to the forums, but we have been visiting LOS often.

We live in Hawaii, but we will be buying a condo in BKK shortly,

so that we can actually live there part of each year.

Hubby retired very early; I will be retiring early, soon.

I am enjoying the forums; so much to be said!

Cindy

welcome-sm.jpg