Tywais

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All

I'm a newbie to this site but hoping to make some friends both Farrang and Thai. I went out to Thailand after the Tsunami and was doing volunteer work in Khao lak for nearly 3 years. I loved meeting all the locals and practising my Thai so can speak nit noi. I'm now back in the UK with my 10 month old son and am really keen for him to learn to speak Thai (but don't think I'm the best teacher) and to learn about Thai culture. I've tried to find Thai families where I live locally and was even brave enough to put an advert in the local shop written in Thai but had no joy (probably because they had no idea what I was actually trying to say???). Anyway I'm looking forward to using the site and hope to meet some interesting people.

Penny

Hi all there,

I'am german, named Gunni, now staying in Germany until this year. Next year I come to Lam Luk Ka near Bangkok, going to marry my little angel :o

I'am technician in machines and CAD / CAM but get a small pension. Making plan to build a low cost, wooden, cool house and interessting in saving energy, photovoltaik and solarthermic. I love riding bike and nature, be a Greenpeace member and, sorry, my english is not well.

Nice to meet you

SaWaSdEe KhRaaap! :o

Since we have a new member section I might as well write something. Seems ThaiVisa.com has a very active member forum which is always good, when moving to a far distant country from your own.

I'm from the Netherlands, 23 yrs of age and just moved to Bangkok, Thailand roughly 2 months ago. Did this after graduation, since during my 10 months internship at a large tour operator in downtown BKK I enjoyed the place that much I considered to come back. With ups nd downs I'm makin my way through Thai life and currently started working at Six Senses (Evason) in Sukhumvit. Currently staying with a Thai friend. Thais are fascinating.

Most likely find much relevant info on this website. Thanks.

Hi, I have been reading Thai Visa for some time before joining up. This place is H-U-G-E and offers a wealth of information just getting to know my way around. Some interesting posters here, like one big happy family, looking forward to giving my two satangs worth although I've only been living here around three months.

welcome to all the new members, whether you mostly only read, or you post.

hope you enjoy the experience, Ive had both fun and useful information from the board, and have also made some friends here :o

konthai, welcome to the forum

and thanks for the kind comments about thailand :o

I think a lot of people have had great experiences too...which is always good to hear

Hi My name is John and i am currently living in the north of England but i will be coming to Thailand for an undisclosed time at Christmas. I have spent the last weeks reading everything i can about Thailand and i can honestly say i am as excited as i am worried about my up and coming move but overall it seems common sense prevails as it does in most parts of the world. I will be travelling with my friend who has just spent 6 months back in the UK after his 2nd 6 month stint in Thailand in the last couple of years so im hoping we can stick together till i get my legs to go it alone. I am planning for a 6 month stay but to be honest i have no plans on coming back to the uk apart from money problems and i am intending after an inital burst as a bit of a tourist to settle down somewhere and get on with my writing which will be fiction. From what i've read so far Pai seem like a nice place to get away from it all for a few months and cheap aswell. Am i right about that? or any other suggestions on where to settle?

Sorry if this is a bit of a big rant for the hello section but i tend to go on a bit. Love the site and thanks for all the info.

John.

Hello all,

I've been around here for 2 years already (Thailand and TV) and thought it might be time to become more active. I've learned a lot from TV so far and who knows maybe I can contribute a little. See ya

namplao

Hello to you all,my name is casper age 47 i'm from Hollland .I've bin in thailand for three times now.

Lost my hart to thailand and to a thai woman(49)

now i'm trying to save some do and get as soon as can to back there

Reading TV kept me from sleeping lot of times ,trying to learn about thailand and the lingo as match as possible

Not used to write in english and not much experienced whitt PC so i won't be a quick replyer.

Casper

Hello to you all,my name is casper age 47 i'm from Hollland .I've bin in thailand for three times now.

Reading TV kept me from sleeping lot of times ,trying to learn about thailand and the lingo as match as possible

Not used to write in english and not much experienced whitt PC so i won't be a quick replyer.

Casper

:D:o

Casper

Casper

Not like you to be lost for words Doc :o

Welcome to one and all

Hey all. :(

My name is Greg. Been living in Thailand for the past 14mths now. Moved over here from Singapore. Im half american and half singaporean. Met my thai wife in Singapore while she was working for Marina Mandarin Hotel Singapore.

Her work permit expired so we decided to move. And so here i am!

Really love thailand alot. Love the spicy food and cheap beer :D:D

People here r super friendly & nice. But 1 thing i noticed that the night markets love charging higher prices to Farangs. But once u speak thai they lower their prices by alot :D

Was surfing the net and came across thaivisa , checked it out and had alot of nice info and so far its the only english speaking forum i could find...haha.

Basically im a computer geek. Love PC's , gaming , surfing and anything electronic. And i love to party too :o

Looks like i'll be in thaivisa for a long time. :D

Hi everyone Martin by name but answers to Taff, dont know why prob has something to do with my Welsh upbringing.

Have chatted to many on Thaivisa over my preparation to come to live in Thailand and am grateful for all the valuable (and not so valuable) info I have received. You wont believe how much it has helped. Thanks to you all.

Now finally retired earlier this month and will be heading out in October....when retirment can begin.....and still only 55.....

God Bless the Civil Service!!

Keep up the good work guys there is so much knowledge on these pages.........

Edited by Tafia