Carry Boy Supplier In Khon Kean

cannondale

Hello everyone,

I am buying a Toyota Vigo in Khon Kean next year and then driving it down to Phuket where I live/work. I would like to get the new G3 hard back fitted before I leave.

Some questions

Any body know the best place to buy and will they have stock or do I have to order and wait?

Any useful tips or info on doing the road trip from Khon Kean to Phuket?

Thanks so much for any info

Cheers

Hi cannondale. :o

Yep, I know a good place very near the Chevrolet dealer in KK. The chevy dealer is on the Udon Thani road about 1km-ish North of the crossroads where the Chum Phae-Kalasin road crosses Highway 2. Chevy dealer is on the right-hand side as you drive North. The place I know is a further 300/400m or so on the same side of the road. Sorry, I don't know the name of the place but you'll see it easily. I've used them a couple of times for tinting the windows etc. It's run by a very friendly woman who speaks quite reasonable English. They do all the usual stuff there, Carryboys, TopUp etc. I'd give you a Google Earth reference but that part of KK is very low-res so 'fraid not.

Hope this is some help.

Hi Micksterbs,

Thats great! Thanks for your help.

Any tips on the road trip? Best time to go, any lunch money checkpoints etc etc?

Thx alot

If you look at a map, the crossroads I mentioned is where Highway 2 (the main BKK to Nong Khai road) meets Highway 12 to Chum Phae and Highway 209 to Kalasin. I'm taking my Chevy in for a service this week so I'll take a pic of the place I mean so you'll recognise the place. I'll try and get a card so you have a phone number as you'll want to order one beforehand in your colour etc. As for driving from KK to Phuket, I've never done it myself. The only driving I've done down to the South was driving to BKK straight down Highway 2. Looks like the easiest way would be Highway 2 to Saraburi, H 9 around BKK, and then H 4 all the way down to Phuket.

The woman who runs this place is a good sort. She has a good memory, too. She spotted me in Tesco just before Christmas, about 11 months since I last saw her. Came straight over and started yapping away. Even remembered my name!

When are you planning this trek?

Edited by micksterbs

Wow, this is great! Thanks so much for the info.

Yes it always looks easy on the map! But you know once you start out...................I am thinking of leaving early morning then driving for maybe 5-6 hours per day and take it easy. Probably end of March I will head off.

I cant wait I have been renting cars since I got here and now I will have my own wheels yippeee.

Fantastic mate! Thanks alot!

I will actually buy it closer to Kalasin which is near the wifes house. Reason being is I dont do handouts but I try to give business to the locals/family as much as possible, its a fair way of helping out I think and no-one takes me for the gullible farang either. Its also a great excuse for a roadtrip!!!

Thx algain for your help

Fantastic mate! Thanks alot!

I will actually buy it closer to Kalasin which is near the wifes house. Reason being is I dont do handouts but I try to give business to the locals/family as much as possible, its a fair way of helping out I think and no-one takes me for the gullible farang either. Its also a great excuse for a roadtrip!!!

Thx algain for your help

Oh well, never mind! Hope it all goes well and good luck with your trip. Anyone know of a Carryboy dealer in Kalasin?

Dont worry all your help is not in vain, I will still buy it in KK with your recomendation and its a good excuse to get into the big city with the rest of the family. I will get the car in Kalisin but I think all the bits I will be safer going to KK. Man I cant wait!!!