What's With The Hang-up On This Forum

Nemesis

One of the greatest if not the greatest wordsmith of the English language was Shakespeare, or was it

Shakespere

Shakespear

Shakspeare

Shackspeare

Shackespeare

Shackspere

Shackespere

Shaxspere

Shexpere

Shakspe~

Shaxpere

Shaxpeare

Shaxper

Shake-speare

Shakespe

Shakp?

He was known to spell his name at least 13 diff ways.

Yes, he was a funny guy but consequent.

About 1635 he wrote:

What is in a name, would a rose have another smell if it had another name?

(more correct: if named by any other word? ).

As a non-native English speaker I make many mistakes.

I would appreciate if native English speakers (and writers) showed respect to their language. It is for me to learn.

I know that many native English have problems with their own language. That happens everywhere in the world. But some members of this forum really could try to improve their English (or maybe they can not, I don't know).

Love your tools! And take pride in using them!

I believe that all the foregoing is due to a minor criticism I made in another thread, wherein I commented on the fact that 'Nemesis' had spelt an English word phonetically, rather than according to common English practice. As another poster in that thread had noted that said 'Nemesis' was an English teacher, I took him to task.

It is my belief that a person who has a calling as a teacher should understand that all his / her actions are carried out as an exemplar to others. Casuality in spelling ill becomes an English teacher.

(And one thing we can be sure of - 'Nemesis' sure ain't a maths teacher :o )

It's probably an employee of bill who couldn't spell don't you think so ?

The point is we have more NON english writers here then english ones. If it's comprehensible it's ok.

Teacher like our dear harry can stuff the rest for all i care.

Maybe harry could tell us how many languages he speaks and writes fluently ???

Ever heard an englishmen speak french, dutch or german ??? :o

rotfl...

as a matter of fact my degree is in 'linguistics'... i speak several languages fluently... i guess i just have natural talent....

for me a good italian novel is preferable to visiting those nasty vice dens in the phat phong road... adrian.gif

Even Bill Gates cannot spell.

The defrag on windows XP mentions  unmovable files when it should be immovable or immoveable.

How many millions around the world are reading that mistake  ?

...and I actually emailed Micro$oft to complain that MSN Messenger 6.0 would say "None of your contacts are online", when it should say "None of your contacts is online". They changed it in 6.2 (after two years and two more emails) to "All of your contacts are offline or mobile". :o

as a matter of fact my degree is in 'linguistics'... i speak several languages fluently... i guess i just have natural talent....

for me a good italian novel is preferable to visiting those nasty vice dens in the phat phong road... adrian.gif

so that's two if i can count harry :o, is your spelling good in italian ?