Question About Ebayers?

1. are these legal businesses (work permit?) in thailand? selling shirts or whatever on ebay?

2. doesn't the post office in thailand report/get parnoid when they see these guys coming everyday with ten packages, or do they hire a thai person to do that?

I am looking for some product to take from thailand to the USA that my aging parents can sell on ebay to generate some spare money for them. many of you are in this business so i understand it if you will not help, but if someone used to do the ebay thing and moved on to something bigger, i would appreciate the help.

from what i've seen, everything you can think of is sold on ebay and the pricing is thus competitive.

1. are these legal businesses (work permit?) in thailand? selling shirts or whatever on ebay?

2. doesn't the post office in thailand report/get parnoid when they see these guys coming everyday with ten packages, or do they hire a thai person to do that?

I am looking for some product to take from thailand to the USA that my aging parents can sell on ebay to generate some spare money for them. many of you are in this business so i understand it if you will not help, but if someone used to do the ebay thing and moved on to something bigger, i would appreciate the help.

from what i've seen, everything you can think of is sold on ebay and the pricing is thus competitive.

1.haha no chance,anyway if your "taking them" why would you need a work permit and its your dear old parents that are working/selling them in usa.(not sure i believe this part but well done for trying :o )

2.post office couldnt give a monkeys.....why would they.customs might have a nose though both in thailand and usa......isnt there a tax for items sent to usa,there is from uk to there.

and also you seem to know that everything is already sold on ebay.....so if you want to do, then pick something already done and be competitive and hope it sells and be on your computer everyday listing items,checking,relisting etc and queing at post office on a daily basis as will have to sell in high numbers to make it slightly profitable.you could sell copy gear and last a few days at a time,hope you got loads of credit cards so you can reregister with ebay each time.

goodluck

I've had Thai friends ask me to sell things through my UK eBay account so they could have a nice business. It always start with them saying they have a great source of really cheap goods. It always ends with me showing them a dozen sellers selling the exact same thing for a price that includes delivery lower than their wholesale price.

I don't know how many of these guys make money, but most Thai goods are cheaper bought and delivered to the UK through eBay than they would be buying at a great price in Thailand. They must be very professionally set up and doing huge volumes at tiny margins.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...mp;satitle=thai

Here's just typing the word Thai into the search box. Look at how cheap all that stuff is at the Buy it Now prices. Also the really low delivery charges astonish me.

i was just curious about those who are doing it in thailand and if they had a work permit.

:o

lots doing it.. lots soon realising they're making nothing more than a pitance from it.. lots giving up..

(some doing ok.... ssshh..!)

i was just curious about those who are doing it in thailand and if they had a work permit.

:o

lots doing it.. lots soon realising they're making nothing more than a pitance from it.. lots giving up..

(some doing ok.... ssshh..!)

yeah, seems like you need to hit a niche market.

i did not mean i needed a work permit, i was just curious about those who are doing it in thailand and if they had a work permit. all the thai products i searched on ebay were being sold from thailand like fisherman pants, pashmina, muay thai shorts, etc.

Hi there..

I don't think anyone can get a work permit for selling items on eBay, and neither can an individual do as a 'business' officially. At least, if they did it as a business it would cost them more since you'd have to pay tax and stuff.

Although, sometimes I sold some items in New Zealand on a casual basis, and it works quite well. Because everything is so highly price in NZ, it's quite easy to make a small profit on some items like clothing. I have a tendency to purchase some stationary items like art pencils, pastels, brushes etc..coz they're waayyyyyy cheaper here (everything is, as i'm sure you already know), and sometimes I sent USB sticks which store data 1GB -2 GB coz they're priced over $90.00NZD (they're only 500Baht on average at Pantip near Platinum mall)..

I know there are alot of people who sell fake stuff aswell in NZ, but there's a risk in doing that. Although, the majority of people purchasing those sort of items know it's fake and are fine with it (as long as they're not getting ripped off entirely). Items like A & F t-shirts, polo shirts, LV bags seem to be quite popular, but I don't sell them coz .. well .. I'm too chicken I'm gonna get caught 55++++

If you're thinking of selling fake stuff, I guess it's ok as long as people are'nt being ripped off, and they know it's fake..then I guess it's ok..

Ok, hope it helps~